Oil filters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who makes the factory brand oil filters for the 4.4l LR3? Just wondering. Would it be Motorcraft?

schafari

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is not Motorcraft. Few if any Ford parts on the LR. The only Ford part I am aware of is the brake controller socket. I believe the oil filter mfg is Mann.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is not Motorcraft. Few if any Ford parts on the LR. The only Ford part I am aware of is the brake controller socket. I believe the oil filter mfg is Mann.

Sorry but that is bad info. Quite a few of the bits actually have the Ford oval stamped right on them...not to be confused with the Land Rover oval :)

I'm not sure about the filter though.

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Next time I get it into the dealer I'll ask. It's white, like Motorcraft stuff, which I believe their oil filters are Pureolator's.

bscmich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI, the 4.0L V6 OEM filter is absolutely Motorcraft. Same filter used in Mustangs and other Ford models. Comes in a Land Rover box, Motorcraft on the filter.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are looking for a good filter, don't worry about who makes the factory filter just buy a Mobil 1 oil filter and you'll be set.
Royal Purple says they make the best but if you go read some of the oil filter comparison tests, it is hard to beat the Mobil 1.

GMTIIFAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wix makes an oil filter for land rover and jaguar. WIX - Oil Filter
Part Number: 57302 (from O'Reilly auto parts) It's a possible option. There is plenty of info on the web about oil filters and which ones are better.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Every body makes a filter although only a few are really worth buying.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99