Oil sump prime

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beemer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Engine flush and green foam in the intake?

Ares, what kind of abrasive action is going on when the this sludge is broken loose and going thru your oiling system? The carbon in the intake track and inside the combustion chamber is a abrasive product also. If you spray this cleaner in the engine and let it sit, the loose corbon will drain down past the rings and make a nice lapping compound between the aluminum piston and iron cylinder bore. This must not help the engine life. With proper modern oils that have detergents, motors should have light staining and run 2-300,000 miles. Just my opinions. Carl........o&o>...........

D

discomike

One way or the other you need to get that crap out of the engine and no a Rover engine won't do 2-300,000 miles on good oil, they carbon up too bad without help. Once cleaned up properly, an oil change every 3000 miles with a litle additive and you will be fine. Frequent oil changes alone will not correct an already bad situation.
Mike J.

Ares

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update. Wouldve posted sooner, but site was down. I changed the oil and filter (K$N 3001) and drove a couple of hours. Changed oil and filter and repeated one more time. All is good. Clean oil, no startup issues for the last week or so. Just to clarify. The motor flush was added to the oil and not the intake. Motor was run for 5 min with the flush and then drained. New oil, new filter. I agree, it doesnt take long to trash a set of bearings. If seen brand new engines after a 15 minute breakin showing copper on the mains from a poorly cleaned crank. As far as frequent oil changes not making a bad situation better. I understand your point of view. But, I was unable to find place that had a machine to do this. I attempted to clean the oil and engine by running the engine with fresh oil and filter for a short period and then changing oil and filter then repeating several times.

Thanks all for your time, suggestions, and comments. You guys saved my Rover! If something changes, Ill post back. Hopefully this post will help someone in the future with a similar problem

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM