Parts Availability Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moonman00

Reaction score
Hi All, long time lurker but a recent issue has spurred me into posting. My 2016 LR4 has been stuck in repair shop limbo for over a month now as my advisor recants to me periodically that we are stuck awaiting the arrival of last part required to complete repairs. The part in question is LR052383 which is the adaptive bi-xenon headlamp assembly.

My shop claims for almost a month now that JLR has.not given them any ETA or timeline when the part will be available/ship. I finally opened a case with JLR USA yesterday to get additional help but wanted advice on other options or if others have experienced similar situations.

It’s insane to me that there is zero timeline to get the part and no one seems to know anything to resolve.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Limited run part 2014-16. Worse it was an upgrade option so not many vehicles were sold. Add in the supply chain headaches and bingo; frustration.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi All, long time lurker but a recent issue has spurred me into posting. My 2016 LR4 has been stuck in repair shop limbo for over a month now as my advisor recants to me periodically that we are stuck awaiting the arrival of last part required to complete repairs. The part in question is LR052383 which is the adaptive bi-xenon headlamp assembly.

My shop claims for almost a month now that JLR has.not given them any ETA or timeline when the part will be available/ship. I finally opened a case with JLR USA yesterday to get additional help but wanted advice on other options or if others have experienced similar situations.

It’s insane to me that there is zero timeline to get the part and no one seems to know anything to resolve.

Welcome to 2021. In case you've been out of the loop, supply chain problems currently exist for almost everything, not just car parts. I'm into mountain biking, and my bike shop has told me they are just now getting in bikes they ordered in late 2019, and any bike that gets ordered now might get delivered in late 2022 or 2023.

You might look on the used market. Car-part.com is an online place where you can check salvage yard inventory. You can also check ebay.

Moonman00

Reaction score
Welcome to 2021. In case you've been out of the loop, supply chain problems currently exist for almost everything, not just car parts. I'm into mountain biking, and my bike shop has told me they are just now getting in bikes they ordered in late 2019, and any bike that gets ordered now might get delivered in late 2022 or 2023.

You might look on the used market. Car-part.com is an online place where you can check salvage yard inventory. You can also check ebay.
Oh I am definitely aware of the global issues… The harder part for me to grasp is JLR seeming to have no idea even when the part will be made/available, or if it is already in the pipeline. I assumed they had a better inventory/logistics system but seems pretty manual

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can also check inventory in some of the UK-based suppliers. But be aware you'll get the euro-code lamps (so you'll probably need to buy for both passenger and driver), and make sure you get the ones for a left-side driver.

LB Bill

Full Access Member
Reaction score

txfromwi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2013 & 2015 Houston TX. 2016 Rochester NY
My go-to Rover parts, when AB can't help, come from Land Rover Palm Beach. They are super friendly on the phone and the website is super easy to use as well. I entered your part number and those assemblies appear to be in stock. Pricey, but in stock...

Moonman00

Reaction score
I think this is your part. Says it 'ships fast' for 50 bucks. But wow!..for your sake I hope that insurance or some else is writing the check!
Thanks that looks right I will give them a call in the AM. Insurance is writing the check thankfully, as I needed both left and right side assembly’s! Certainly not the same cost factor as the ole halogen lamps…

Moonman00

Reaction score
As an update, Land Rover of Palm Beach was very helpful. While they did not have the part in stock, they did find 3 other dealerships which showed it available. I was able to reach out to one of them this morning and confirm. My collision shop is now connected and arranging to receive the part, so hopefully back on the road soon!

On a related note, I’m a bit perturbed that I had to do this myself. There seems to be no reason my local dealership supporting the collision center couldn’t have done the same search versus aimlessly waiting for back order to come through.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635