Passenger side floor wet!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Casiokorg

Reaction score
Hi all! Nice forum! I bought my first land rover, a 99 discovery a few months back. 100k for $2000. I feel like that was a good deal ;). Anyways when I run the ac a lot I notice the floor on the passenger side gets damp. I read around and saw the drains get clogged under the body. I cleaned it out. A little bit of warm dirty water came out, and I thought that the issue was fixed, however it still seems to be there. I stuck a coat hanger way up trying to clean it. Bone dry in the drain tube under, but it still dampens on floor! Any ideas?

richterjustin08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Blow them out with air compressor, the hanger will poke a hole in them.I had the same issue.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But not too much pressure or you will disconnect the tube from under the dash.

HiDesign10

Reaction score
Casiokorg,

I had exactly this issue a couple of weeks ago on my 2003 Disco II. The drain hoses had detached themselves from the pipe stubs on the heater body, under the dash. The hoses and stubs are sort of behind the triangular black plastic heater outlet vents for the front footwells, each side of the transmission tunnel and the hose connections are not so easy to get at.

I started by removing the whole center console and the front footwell heater vents. When I could get at the drain hoses each side, I found that the rubber had hardened with time, just enough that the hoses would not grip the stubs on the heater to stay connected. I held them on with a couple of small zip ties, tightened around the hose connection like small hose clamps. It was not a difficult job for someone with a little experience working on cars, but it was quite time consuming. Hope that this helps!

Tom

a2tz

Reaction score
97 Disco here, had the same original problem. I took the rubber hose out to clean it, and....never got around to putting it back in. But I noticed the other day it still leaks some. I'm assuming that it needs the hose there to direct the water out. So if it's still leaking after cleaning it out, checking to make sure it's got a solid connection and all that would be the next step.

Casiokorg

Reaction score
Car stays on when I turn it off?

Hi. My 1999 landrover discovery has this weird issue it does every now and then. Sometimes when I take the key out, the car stays on. It stays on until I take my foot off the brake. Has anyone else experienced this? Also the other day at a red light it just turned off on its own. Maybe these issues are connected?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635