Problems With the LR3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bad Bonez BJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, 757 here....if we find enough of us 757ers, maybe we should try a meet?

sounds good...not too many good trails here though...I'm in williamsburg

Have you joined ROAV.ORG yet? They have trips all over the state, and sponsor the Mid-Atlantic Rally, MAR each year. The last president didn't care too much for us LR3s or even the couple of LR2s that joined an outing last December, but they have a new pres. now.

Most local parks in the western part of the state require 31" tires as a minimum for the easy trails. There are no local trails around here in the Chesapeake area either.

BJ

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My list of issues for the next dealer visit:
Tweeter trim on door is loose (drivers)
Tweeter on passenger side door is buzzing intermittently
Seat belt buckle trim is loose in back seat
Hood latch sensor is dirty, loose connection or something
Drivers exhaust tip is lower than passenger side

Some more issues than what I thought I would have, but nonetheless I love driving it. :proud:

Last edited:

tdrewd00

Reaction score
I just had my 2005 lr3 blow every fault possible at me when it was driving just fine this morning....any ideas. It's happened before and then went back to normal.

cbboard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had my 2005 lr3 blow every fault possible at me when it was driving just fine this morning....any ideas. It's happened before and then went back to normal.

go to autozone and get your battery checked first, unless you have a LR extended warranty or LR has recently replaced your battery. the LR dealership will charge double what autozone will for a replacement battery. the LR3 loves electricity!

tdrewd00

Reaction score
Tried that, said battery was fine. Car went back to normal, and then threw all the faults at me when I drove it on the freeway. Should I take to the dealer to check it out?

cdodkin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tried that, said battery was fine. Car went back to normal, and then threw all the faults at me when I drove it on the freeway. Should I take to the dealer to check it out?

Did it throw the faults after you hit the brake pedal?

The break switch can fail and throw these faults - or a bulb failure in the rear light pod in the stop circuit can also cause this issue.

for me, it was the brake pedal switch which glitched, and threw every warning light on the dash until I powered down the car, and powered back up.

Last edited:

tdrewd00

Reaction score
It could be because the first time it threw out any fault was when I hit my brakes pretty hard and it indicated an abs brake fault and then went away. Now I get a lot of different faults but if I let it sit overnight, restart in the morning, I only have a trans fault and engine system and eventually that goes away too....what did you do to fix yours? What was the diagnosis?

cdodkin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It could be because the first time it threw out any fault was when I hit my brakes pretty hard and it indicated an abs brake fault and then went away. Now I get a lot of different faults but if I let it sit overnight, restart in the morning, I only have a trans fault and engine system and eventually that goes away too....what did you do to fix yours? What was the diagnosis?

New brake switch from EBAY - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LAND-ROVER-SWITCH-BRAKE-LIGHT-LR3-RR-SPORT-SUPERCHARGE-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem5628e8daf2QQitemZ370053536498QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_3053wt_1167

$20 part - and a ten minute swap-out on the vehicle - all plug and play.

Check your rear brake bulbs first though, as they can also cause the same christmas tree dash effect, and are even cheaper to replace.

Here's how my dash looked when it happened:

web.jpg

tdrewd00

Reaction score
My dash red brake indicator was flashing with the trans icon lit....I had a few more? The dealership thinks it may be a leak somewhere. You have an 08 and you're having these problems? Mine is an 05 with almost 90k. I see on your dash that there isn't a big f indicating faults....

cdodkin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dash red brake indicator was flashing with the trans icon lit....I had a few more? The dealership thinks it may be a leak somewhere. You have an 08 and you're having these problems? Mine is an 05 with almost 90k. I see on your dash that there isn't a big f indicating faults....

Yep - mine's an 08 - the "i" in the info display showed a repeating error/fault message, but I didn't manage to capture it when I took the shot with my iPhone.

60,000 on mine when the issue happened - been fine since

When it occurred, the car went into emergency 'limp home' mode with reduced transmission available, suspension lock-out etc etc

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99