Punctured 20" tire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

namenda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My left rear tire is completely flat from a nail puncture. I have 20" rims with Nitto Terra Grappler 265/50R20. I have always dreaded this day will come. I still have the stock 19" spare in the wheel well. Don't have a 20" spare, full-size or otherwise. I know - lesson learned.

I tried fix-a-flat as a temporary measure but the leak is just too large.

I'm at the office. My tire shop, Discount Tire, is two miles away. Is it safe to use the 19" spare and slowly trudge my way to the tire shop?

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A nail puncture on the tread (as long as not on or near the sidewall) should be repairable, unless it's a nail the size of my thumb... Now that you've injected Fix-A-Flat though, I don't know. The spare 19" - full size or compact - will be just fine for a short hop like that, just drive slow, especially if it's a compact donut. The difference in overall circumference between your size 20s and the stock 19s is really minimal, the car doesn't care if the rims don't match. :smile:

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To answer your question, do not drive on it because that will destroy the side wall.
Take you tire off and let some tire center see if it is safe to repair.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM