Rock Sliders Available for LR3?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Randall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey ya'll i was wondering if there were any true rock sliders available for the LR3.

jimbiram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with the Sliders from Offroving.Com. Seen them in action and they are the real deal.

Randall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks you can bet i'll be getting these very soon

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have any questions on these sliders, let me know. I have had a set for about a year and half and was involved in the testing and creation of them.

I have a couple of decent photos of them on the table here:
http://nwoods.smugmug.com/gallery/3315994#191484851
(the second shot is for the RRS with its curved door panels)

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have any questions on these sliders, let me know. I have had a set for about a year and half and was involved in the testing and creation of them.

I have a couple of decent photos of them on the table here:
http://nwoods.smugmug.com/gallery/3315994#191484851
(the second shot is for the RRS with its curved door panels)
Mr. Woods, do your sliders affect the seal at the bottom of the door that keeps the water out?? Because you have to take the plastic paneling off the bottom to my recolection.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It does not! The door itself has two seals, one big compression seal around the inside perimeter of the door, and another external skirt seal at the very bottom of the door.

On my truck, we installed the sliders with an additional seal on one side only, and I did many water crossings to see if it helped any. I've never had any water egress on either side, with or without the additional seal.

On this photo, you can just make out the two factory seals on the door itself, and of course, this is the side were we did not add an additional seal to the top of the slider:

LR3-sliders.gif

Randall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah those sliders look really tuff thanks for your help. one more question though how complicated was the install?

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's pretty simple, and comes with instructions. Bolts into existing holes, however you do have to trim the front rocker panel just a bit (an X-acto blade will work).

A hydraulic floor jack will make life MUCH easier.
DSC00026.jpg

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The jacks are to hold the sliders in position while bolting on, correct?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635