RR Sport Wiper Damage from Snow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cassiusonline

Reaction score
Hi,

I am hoping someone can help me with this, since i have a feeling if I take it to my dealership, it will end up costing me $$.
I have a 2008 RR Sport HSE and had it on its maiden voyage in the snow at Tahoe (California) last weekend. It dumped snow up there and there must have been about 4 inches on the RR windows in the morning.
I jumped into the drivers seat to turn on the engine (to warm the car up), and the front wipers came on. Before i knew what was happening they had started to wipe the front windshield but the snow was too heavy. The passenger side wiper stopped working and is now loose - in that I can manually rotate it, so its obviously come away from the motor somehow.
I had read somewhere that sometimes the wipers are only tightened so far as to take a certain weight, after which they come loose.
I opened the bonnet and took the round cover off the plastic housing on the wiper shaft and could see the screw. I tried to tighten it with a socket but it was not loose - I was hoping somehow that it might be .
When i turn on the wipers, i can see the passenger wiper rocking slightly as if the motor underneath IS turning, its just not catching the screw.

Does anyone have any ideas, as I have run out.

Many thanks in advance...

Rob

LandRvrTech

Reaction score
If you have tightened the nut completely, and the wiper arm still moves freely, you are going to need to replace the wiper transmission, not the wiper motor.

cassiusonline

Reaction score
Thanks for your response

Hi LandRvrTech,
Yep, you were right - it was the wiper transmission. I brought it to the dealers and, in fact, they had to keep it in overnight as they waited for that part.
Good news is that it didn't cost me a dime as my RRS is still under warranty and it clearly wasn't my fault ;). I find them decent about things like that.

Thanks,
C

LandRvrTech

Reaction score
No problem. I had many of those in the winter time. Good to hear it was at no cost to you!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM