Satellite radio problems, & AM radio problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

still-one

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I posted in another thread that I ended up turning HD Radio off as the system would lock up or give off high bursts of static. No problems since I stopped using HD radio.

cypress822

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i fixed the problem by not using sat radio anymore. I agree it is the WORST sat radio system of any car i have ever encountered. I am sure the issue has to do with their antenna. Truly a POS!!!

tim-in-ca

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, my dealer is ordering a new unit because I complained about reception. He said that this is a known problem and this new unit is supposed to improve this. I'll post my comments once I get it installed. The part is supposed to come in next week.

MottMcfly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, my dealer is ordering a new unit because I complained about reception. He said that this is a known problem and this new unit is supposed to improve this. I'll post my comments once I get it installed. The part is supposed to come in next week.

Wow! Please let us know what happens.

Marty

MottMcfly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While I've experienced the same crappy reception with my satellite radio as everyone else has, today was my first recordable glitch.

I plugged in my iPhone which I have done many times before and while the display reported that is was connected it did not play.

No selection worked. On top of that the satellite radio also failed. Selecting satellite worked only for the last channel selected and the display read "no signal" FM and AM was fine but the display was dimmed.

Disconnecting the iPhone resolved the issue. Reconnecting brought the issue back.

I hard booted the iPhone and reconnected and that solved the issue entirely.

I don't know what to make of this but I am surprised that an iPhone would have this effect.

Thanks,

Marty

uhur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the rural midweat, no SAT radio problems at all, except for rare interstate overpasses
Not enough good stattions to listen to, going to discontinue my service and use my droid phone instead

MottMcfly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the rural midweat, no SAT radio problems at all, except for rare interstate overpasses
Not enough good stattions to listen to, going to discontinue my service and use my droid phone instead

It's hard to argue with that and pretty sad when running Pandora off an iPhone proves to be substantially more reliable.

Thanks,

Marty

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM