Satellite radio problems, & AM radio problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's hard to argue with that and pretty sad when running Pandora off an iPhone proves to be substantially more reliable.

Thanks,

Marty

I cannot get pandora to play through the speakers of the LR4. It reverts back to the ipod as soon as I select pandora. Can you connect the iphone to the LR4 and play pandora through the speakers??
Thanks,
George

uhur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't know about Pandora, but I connect my Droid -X thru' the AUX outlet using a cheap Monster cable and listen to XiiaLive Lite. Contrary to my previous expectations, I can swear that the sound is better than that on SAT. But then of course I listen mostly to electronic music channels (and there's dozens and dozens of those, as opposed to only 2 on SAT)

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can get Pandora through the Aux input but not when it is connected via the iphone cable.

UGAgirl97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can get Pandora through the Aux input but not when it is connected via the iphone cable.

This is a Pandora question, but slightly off subject and something I have been wanting to know for awhile for anyone that can answer.

When running Pandora on my iPhone and out of a wifi area, say when I am on a run, does it subtract from my data usage plan the entire time I am running it out of the wifi area? I would love to play Pandora when I am out for my hour run, but I am worried I will max out my monthly data plan. I cant find an answer anywhere on their site.

Thanks for your help and sorry to change the subject.

uhur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even though I don't use Pandora, but I imagine it's all the same : data is being used up when not on wifi. Luckily, I don't have to worry about it , since I'm on Verizon unlimited data plan

MottMcfly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I cannot get pandora to play through the speakers of the LR4. It reverts back to the ipod as soon as I select pandora. Can you connect the iphone to the LR4 and play pandora through the speakers??
Thanks,
George

No, I use the AUX. I experience the same thing you do when I try to play thru the iPod connector.

Marty

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a Pandora question, but slightly off subject and something I have been wanting to know for awhile for anyone that can answer.

When running Pandora on my iPhone and out of a wifi area, say when I am on a run, does it subtract from my data usage plan the entire time I am running it out of the wifi area? I would love to play Pandora when I am out for my hour run, but I am worried I will max out my monthly data plan. I cant find an answer anywhere on their site.

Thanks for your help and sorry to change the subject.
Yes it does, but I wouldn't worry about it too much. Your data usage is based on data downloaded, unlike voice where it's based on time used. Songs are not all that big -- I suspect each song on Pandora is only about 1 or 2 MB or so (possibly just a bit more if you pick the higher quality setting on your Pandora).

You can also check your actual usage on the iPhone -- just google it for instructions. I have the iPhone 3GS with the grandfathered unlimited plan, so I don't worry about data usage at all. But the last time I checked, I was nowhere near hitting the data cap for even their lowest plan. Unless you stream a lot of movies, you'll probably be fine.

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same problem. I "solved" it by creating a very short 1 second track -- it's actually just one second of silence. I put only this track in a playlist called "Pandora". When I want to listen to Pandora, I switch to this playlist. Then when I actually switch to Pandora, it usually would play fine after one or two tries.

Last edited:

UGAgirl97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it does, but I wouldn't worry about it too much. Your data usage is based on data downloaded, unlike voice where it's based on time used. Songs are not all that big -- I suspect each song on Pandora is only about 1 or 2 MB or so (possibly just a bit more if you pick the higher quality setting on your Pandora).

You can also check your actual usage on the iPhone -- just google it for instructions. I have the iPhone 3GS with the grandfathered unlimited plan, so I don't worry about data usage at all. But the last time I checked, I was nowhere near hitting the data cap for even their lowest plan. Unless you stream a lot of movies, you'll probably be fine.

Thank you Waltzonice and everyone else for you answers. Helps a bunch! :)

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same problem. I "solved" it by creating a very short 1 second track -- it's actually just one second of silence. I put only this track in a playlist called "Pandora". When I want to listen to Pandora, I switch to this playlist. Then when I actually switch to Pandora, it usually would play fine after one or two tries.
Dear waltzonice,
Can you explain what you mean. I am not sure I understand what you did.
Thanks,
George

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM