Service engine light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Dmorro83... your codes are the MAF.... again you can clean it or buy a new one.

Rover2000 you issues sounds like the stepper motor needs cleaned and you have either a cracked manifold (noise) or your having oil issues getting to the valves. I would run some seafoam in the oil and change the oil after a day of driving.

Could also be the type of gas your running.

R

Rover2000

Rover2000 said:
I'm having the same problem. I have changed the MAF, Plugs, Wires, and clean the intake very well... When the car is in (D)rive but with the brakes on it shakes a lot and the RPMs are very low. When i accelerate too hard it makes a noise like taka taka taka but very low. Any ideas?

Disco II 2000
77,000 miles

The taka taka noise is actually an exhaust escape. The gasket between the headers and the exhaust pipe was broken. But i still have the idle (shaking) issue. I read that i could be the TPS but I’m not sure.

Disco II 2000
77,000 miles

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like you may have some carbon build up on the valves.... try the seafoam fix. 1 can in gas, 1 can in oil, 1 can in the intake vacuum line...

C

chiti66

Had the exact same, "taka,taka, taka", issue. Ended up having the head gasket replaced, problem fixed. And while I was at it, had plugs, wires, filters all replaced. Currently my check engine light is on and from the codes, seem that I need to replace the O2 sensors. Replaced the pre-cat set (myself), but light still on. Local mechanic informed me that I would have needed to replace all four? Well I'll get to it when I can. My "triplets" HD/TC/? lights have been coming and off for over a year, but I don't have any plans of spending the $$$$ to replace the wheel sensors. Good luck.

M

mge_1

My engine light went on today. DAMN hope all this snow we got in NJ didn't make it happen. I'll get the codes read and see what's up. Hope its something minor.

M

mge_1

Ok i will confess... I was having a little fun on the snow today. You think that could have triggered the check engine light to go on?

M

mge_1

correction...its not the check engine light that actually came on in my dii...it's the SERVICE ENGINE SOON light that came on. anyone know how to turn this bad boy off? any info would be much appreciated. thanks.

Viper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get your Service Engine Light codes.
You can do this for free at AutoZone.

M

mge_1

Viper said:
Get your Service Engine Light codes.
You can do this for free at AutoZone.

you know what i think our disco ii dont like me. i drove it last night to work and the service engine light came on. my wife then took it to work today and when she got home its gone. hmmm... it dont like me hehe.

M

meyersd

I think that Service engine light is built in to come on at a pre set mile. How many miles you got on the clock? You're sure it's not the Check Engine light? Check engine is something entirely different. Did you check out that Place I told you about?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM