Service Engine Soon Flashing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M

MoJoWebCast

My "Service Engine Soon" light started flashing today and there seems to be some kind of knocking noise. Has anyone had this problem?

Thanks

DiscoFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
in my past experience when the service engine light comes on solid, it usually is just a slight emissions problem, but when it blinks, then you may have a very serious problem. I wouldnt drive the vehicle anymore unitl you have it looked at. If you do drive it, you may do more damage to it. Good luck and let us know what you find out.

D

discomike

I agree, have it towed in and checked, this is not something you want to guess on based on our feed back.
Let us know what you find.
Mike J.

D

discoII

discofever said:
in my past experience when the service engine light comes on solid, it usually is just a slight emissions problem, but when it blinks, then you may have a very serious problem. I wouldnt drive the vehicle anymore unitl you have it looked at. If you do drive it, you may do more damage to it. Good luck and let us know what you find out.

any idea what a slight emissions problem could be?

D

discomike

A knocking noise is not a slight emission problem.
Mike J.

DiscoFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when i said slight emisions problem I was refering to something trivial like not tightening your gas cap enough, you know something minor, but when the light blinks that is usually a bigger, more serious problem and the vehicle shouldnt be driven with a blinking CEL.

M

MoJoWebCast

I scanned the codes and this is what I get.

P0306 - Cylinder 6 misfire - bad spark plug or wire?

P1590 - ????????

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
You probably just need some new plugs and wires, hence the shaking and possibly the reason for the knock that you are currently hearing. Check it out or have it serviced by a mechanic.

M

MoJoWebCast

I just replaced the plugs.

It looks like the rubber boot cracked on cyl. 6. I already have a set of Magnecors on order. i also checked the plug and it is black. Should I replace the one plug? Would a Seafoam treatment fix this? I have 99k miles on the truck. i should probably replace the O2 sensors as well.

P1590
Land Rover
Rough road signal implausibleDrive cycle A:Signal implausible*

My ABS/TC/hill decent lights are on.

I was going to put on a set of OME springs this weekend and now I have to deal with this first.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635