Showoff Your LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

edwolo

Reaction score
Anyone out there tried the Goodyear Dura Trac 255/55/R19 111S tires on the LR4? The load rating meets specs, but the speed rating is 112 mph (like if I'd ever do more than that here in the US). Tread design is one of the more aggressive traction tires available for this size. $1088 for four installed, balanced, etc.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New KO2s and Voyager Sliders all set to go

KO2s are great. First day out I drove across the stream you see in the picture and climbed up the ice on the other side. They (obviously) did well in snow for me but it wasn't deep.

I'm liking the sliders as well. They can handle a Hi-Lift and support the truck if I settle on a rock. The step is handy but I did have to relearn how to get in and out of the truck. :argh: These don't provide as much armor as the Tactical 4x4s but they'll work for me. They were about 60 lbs each. Bolted directly to the frame.

IMG_0140.jpg

IMG_0134.jpg

Disco Fever

Reaction score

Attachments

• IMG_1876.JPG
    IMG_1876.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_1880.JPG
    IMG_1880.JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_1881.JPG
    IMG_1881.JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 104

Disco Fever

Reaction score
Mud Flaps

Sorry for the quality of the photos but here's another couple angles for you to see how the mud flaps look.

Attachments

• IMG_1877.JPG
    IMG_1877.JPG
    109.6 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_1878.JPG
    IMG_1878.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 83

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to have them on my 2010 however I broke one of them (rear passenger) doing light off-road (LR owners day in VT). These things are too rigid for off-road use. I took them off soon after.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah ah yes it's a good video. Lots of rock piling to make it through though ;)
As far as me it broke when balancing on 2-3 wheels. Front driver was really high off the ground and then I heard the crack. Funny because after that I did some much more strenuous off-roading without ever touching anything.
Anyway didn't mean to hijack this thread. There probably should be a mud flap thread at this point.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to have them on my 2010 however I broke one of them (rear passenger) doing light off-road (LR owners day in VT). These things are too rigid for off-road use. I took them off soon after.

I'm surprised that there's no quick-release mod for the mudflaps...or maybe there is. Seems like it wouldn't be that tough with the right kind of fastener similar to what holds the covers over the front and rear recovery points. Just a thought. I kinda like the look (and function) of the mudflaps for street use.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The rear flaps I had on my old Sport were super flexible (I had to get rid of the front ones when I installed rock sliders on that car), I bent + sandwiched them between rocks and rear bumper more than once and they never even blinked or showed any sign of stress or wear. If anything, they protected the lower bumper from getting scrapes! Too bad the LR4 seems to use a different and more rigid design, I would have considered them otherwise. Especially with the oversized A/T tires I am running, a bit of paint protection from a set of mud flaps would be nice.

SED900.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9