Showoff Your LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bushway9172

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A few pics from today!

IMG_5975.jpg

IMG_5894.jpg

IMG_5825.jpg

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just completed an epic, 4-week road trip in our new 2014 LR4 including:
- Nearly 6,000 miles (and it is still sporting the temp license "plates")
- Colorado, Wyoming, Utah, Idaho, Oregon, Washington, California and Nevada.
- Nearly 20 scenic byways (including Highway 50 - "The Loneliest Road in America - across southern Nevada )
- At least a half dozen national parks/monuments (Colorado National Monument, Dinosaur, Oregon Trail, Olympic (twice), Redwoods. Mt. Lassen, Arches, Canyonland)
- A full day of off road training with Bill Burke - what a hoot!
- Driving in 100 degree weather and having to drive through a heavy snow storm in Wyoming.
- A taste of off road driving with my wife (including finding myself on the White Rim Road shelf road where I panicked due to my fear of heights and had to turn around - there will be some nightmares after that one!)
- Only two problems with the rig. The constant "singing" when driving over 50MPH and the windshield wipers which were useless in the heavy snow - even dangerous.
- Other than that the rig was awesome!

The trip was incredible. So many experiences. (I also had great visits with family and friends.) Thanks to all of you who helped me work through the choice of the LR4. It was a great vehicle for this trip (if you ignore the insane gas prices in WA, OR and CA!)

Here are some pics from the trip.

Training Day with Bill Burke-13.jpg

Training Day with Bill Burke-7.jpg

Training Day with Bill Burke-10.jpg

IMG_0347.jpg

IMG_0367.jpg

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just completed an epic, 4-week road trip in our new 2014 LR4 including:
- Nearly 6,000 miles (and it is still sporting the temp license "plates")
- Colorado, Wyoming, Utah, Idaho, Oregon, Washington, California and Nevada.
- Nearly 20 scenic byways (including Highway 50 - "The Loneliest Road in America - across southern Nevada )
- At least a half dozen national parks/monuments (Colorado National Monument, Dinosaur, Oregon Trail, Olympic (twice), Redwoods. Mt. Lassen, Arches, Canyonland)
- A full day of off road training with Bill Burke - what a hoot!
- Driving in 100 degree weather and having to drive through a heavy snow storm in Wyoming.
- A taste of off road driving with my wife (including finding myself on the White Rim Road shelf road where I panicked due to my fear of heights and had to turn around - there will be some nightmares after that one!)
- Only two problems with the rig. The constant "singing" when driving over 50MPH and the windshield wipers which were useless in the heavy snow - even dangerous.
- Other than that the rig was awesome!

The trip was incredible. So many experiences. (I also had great visits with family and friends.) Thanks to all of you who helped me work through the choice of the LR4. It was a great vehicle for this trip (if you ignore the insane gas prices in WA, OR and CA!)

Here are some pics from the trip.
Hey Dan,

Wow - so glad you posted pics and enjoyed your amazing 4-week journey. It sounds like you really used the LR4 for what it is meant and had an awesome experience. I knew you would enjoy the off-road fun with Bill, it's such a great learning experience. I know what you mean about being afraid of heights, just a couple weeks ago I was nervous riding alongside a cliff heading up a trail.

I can't believe you already put 8,000 miles on the rig, you have caught up with me rather quickly. I guess my LR4 is mostly a trail rig, as I tend to use my bike for everyday commuting and don't go far. A lot of my miles are off-road miles, so I guess they may be worth double points? LOL! :)

Glad to have you back and can't wait to hear more. Too bad you weren't around these parts of CA or down in southern UT.

Regards, David

michal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great rig!!!! Love Disco4 :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Dan: Glad you are loving your LR4!

What singing are you talking about?

Also, in terms of the wipers on the LR4, it seems they are all terrible. Replaced mine immediately and they were still awful. Use multiple coats of RainX on the windshield to help them out and they are still awful. Can't figure out why the wipers seem to never work on the vehicle.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The "singing", as I decided to call it, was a high pitched hum which was almost constant at higher speeds. It would vary a bit from time to time. We mostly ignored it. And if we had the radio on you wouldn't here it unless you were listening to a softer section of classical music or something. Now that I am home and have removed the rack/basket/bars I need to take it out for a drive and see if the sound is gone or has changed. It did sound something like the whistle you get if you blow air across the top of a narrow-mouth glass bottle. Because I had made a mistake in the install of my Thule Aerobars I had a gap/hole on top of one of the bars. It could be that air moving over that hole was causing the noise.

As for the wipers, they worked well enough in the rain. But were horrible in the slushy snow. I had to keep turning on the heated windshield and even that wasn't getting the job done. Something I'll need to address before winter.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wasn't happy with my OEM wiper blades and switched to the Valeo All Season Blade.
They've been excellent for the 7 months I've had them.

I've included a link from Amazon. Apologies if it won't open correctly.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CD8HH8/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I am glad to hear you like the Valeo All Season blades, as I am looking to get new front blades and a rear blade. We don't get much rain in northern CA in the summer, so I still have my stock blades. On my previous LR4 I had the Bosch, but I did not care for them as much as I once did on previous vehicles. There was a LOT of streaking and the rubber gets very sticky in the heat (and it's not that hot here most of the time). I was going to try the RainX, but will look into the Valeo. Did you replace your rear blade?

Thanks!

Regards, David

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72