Showoff Your LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GreeN YarN

Reaction score
Another

image.jpg

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And do NOT do this at home.... One of our rover club members went down a VERY steep hill, but did not realize how bad it was - almost flipped it!

http://youtu.be/nwMFuR_ALcU

OK, either the video was sped up or your friend went down this hill far too fast! :eek: I am thinking the person recording the video was feeling a bit nervous as the truck came at him! I'm thinking that being in 4L, 1st gear and/or Hill Descent control would have made this much more manageable. Unless I am missing something.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, either the video was sped up or your friend went down this hill far too fast! :eek: I am thinking the person recording the video was feeling a bit nervous as the truck came at him! I'm thinking that being in 4L, 1st gear and/or Hill Descent control would have made this much more manageable. Unless I am missing something.
Hello Dan,

The video was not sped up at all and he did use 4L, 1st gear, hill descent, etc., but he lost traction completely. Unfortunately, the video is very deceiving as to the length and steepness of this hill - it was a monster! We had done a few hills earlier and things worked great in the right modes, but this one was extremely muddy and slippery and he just ended up losing control and slipping down - almost flipping several times. He did everything right and reacted quickly, but no amount of computers could help him. After he went down it was decided none of us would risk it and go down, so we had to turn around. I will also add that the driver is VERY experienced and has done tons of offroad driving, so this is purely just a fact of the terrain. It was very scary, but thank God he is OK. I just wish someone got a picture of this hill, as it was quite epic (black diamond for sure).

Regards, David

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello Dan,

The video was not sped up at all and he did use 4L, 1st gear, hill descent, etc., but he lost traction completely. Unfortunately, the video is very deceiving as to the length and steepness of this hill - it was a monster! We had done a few hills earlier and things worked great in the right modes, but this one was extremely muddy and slippery and he just ended up losing control and slipping down - almost flipping several times. He did everything right and reacted quickly, but no amount of computers could help him. After he went down it was decided none of us would risk it and go down, so we had to turn around. I will also add that the driver is VERY experienced and has done tons of offroad driving, so this is purely just a fact of the terrain. It was very scary, but thank God he is OK. I just wish someone got a picture of this hill, as it was quite epic (black diamond for sure).

Regards, David

I take it back then. Obviously I have never been on a hill that slick! Videos like this can help novices like me see what NOT to do. :smile: I just assumed that he started off to fast then couldn't regain control. But I was projecting my lack of experience onto him.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, videos never do the terrain justice. I have some videos of taking my LR4 down some crazy steep sand dunes in the desert, but when you watch on video it looks rather tame. Cool stuff. Thanks for posting!