Showoff Your LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jaguardoc504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went to the range today, and them did some dirt mound climbing[emoji3]

9991d0e95167400ea3bcabce93f5f292.jpg

f48c0129b2c5410958291f63c44ab83c.jpg
59f2df9e8e664b424476e43fa34834e5.jpg
18adb146a568f2dd54a5d4459a36c1f3.jpg

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You know, your sig says "with a bunch of junk on the roof" and I often forget how true that is, but I think if you tried a little harder, you could get more to fit ;)

The photos you just posted make me wonder more about the next color and if I'd want to stick with black or move to white. I like the new Yulong White that is greyish but my favorite whites for a Land Rover are really more in the warm/cream range.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know, your sig says "with a bunch of junk on the roof" and I often forget how true that is, but I think if you tried a little harder, you could get more to fit ;)

The photos you just posted make me wonder more about the next color and if I'd want to stick with black or move to white. I like the new Yulong White that is greyish but my favorite whites for a Land Rover are really more in the warm/cream range.
HAHAHA! :) well, I don't keep all the junk up there all the time, mostly just when I am out in the world. I think I have seen some of the new colors and they are nice. I am not in love with Fuji White, but it's nice with the black-design package. I picked white because it hides scratches really well, easy to touch up (not metallic), and stays cooler. For me, it was all about utility.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is similar to a few other photos I took, but got some nice ones this past weekend:

9BB75597-C92B-43F5-8396-0CC75BAC1D9A_zps1v6z9uas.jpg

C4E206DE-16D9-4C3A-85BB-8744FE739E78_zpswghzmxxj.jpg

62766378-D74D-486F-8433-282826E2A870_zpskbrrgjj9.jpg

864E8AB7-90A3-45DA-8F3E-8CFF815FEFF1_zpszictfvn4.jpg

jpjp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you install or change the outlets to constant power? Is it possible just to do one of the 2 because I have my Valentine One constantly hooked up and don't want to have to switch it on and off every time. Also, do you know how to control the lights so that they don't open every time the doors open, especially during camping trips. I don't just mean pressing the middle button up front, I want to be able to constantly open different doors while camping and not have lights come on which attract bugs and waste battery power.

Also, does anyone know how to keep front LED driving lights on all the time without using having rear driving lights on? Daytime driving lights...

Thanks!

1st Post, long time reader:)

2011 LR4 LUX HD Bar w/ Hella Lights Mantech Sump Guard

Last edited:

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jpjp, perhaps your question should be asked in its own thread, as this one is (mostly) designed to show off our rides. Anyway, you can remove and jump a relay on the in-cabin fuse box to turn the front passenger, rear passengers and loadspace area 12v receptacles from switched to unswitched (constant power.) The cigarette lighter socket on front driver's side will remain switched, so you can connect your V1 there if you want. Instructions on which relay to remove are buried somewhere in the forum, but you should be able to dig it up with a search. You should also consider hardwiring the V1 if you have the kit, it's very easy to do and there is a thread for that as well.

To permanently turn off the interior lights when you open a door, push and hold the middle button on the front overhead console for about 5-6 seconds, or until you see the message "Interior lights OFF" displayed in the instrument cluster. To turn them back on automatic mode, just repeat the same procedure.

Don't know if either DRL modes (Scandinavian or Canadian, programmable by the dealer or by yourself if you own an IIDTool or similar diagnostic module) would only turn on the front lamps and not the rear tail lights, perhaps someone else with DRLs enabled can answer. Either way, you cannot just turn on the front signature LEDs, the low beams will also turn on, with either DRL mode enabled.

Last edited:

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice pics, Dave. Where is this area? I presume somewhere in NoCal.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To permanently turn off the interior lights when you open a door, push and hold the middle button on the front overhead console for about 5-6 seconds, or until you see the message "Interior lights OFF" displayed in the instrument cluster. To turn them back on automatic mode, just repeat the same procedure.

Or until it "blinks". Mine blink a few times when the process is completed in either direction.

It's called the "hunting" feature in the owners manual...

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really need an owners manual to figure these tricks out on my own. Stupid local dealer has only Arabic manuals and refuses to order an English one for me!

jaguardoc504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll order you one and ship it if you want.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72