Showoff Your LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hopefully they actually follow through with this.

This is my only hope for a new Land Rover in the future, if the new Defender doesn't disappoint. I just don't think I will like any new Discovery model, as it will likely have the new body style. We shall see!!!

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Though I always thought I'd sell mine before you :)

Actually if we would have stayed in Albuquerque I most likely would have gotten a Sport and made it off-road worthy (which it truly already is).

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep could be some cool new vehicles out by the time you're ready for a LR again.

"maybe". I'm skeptical. Was talking with my dealer service rep who I've known for 20 years, he said the new Disco replacement is fully rounded and no longer boxy. I'm afraid the Defender will be that way too. Might as well buy an explorer...

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"maybe". I'm skeptical. Was talking with my dealer service rep who I've known for 20 years, he said the new Disco replacement is fully rounded and no longer boxy. I'm afraid the Defender will be that way too. Might as well buy an explorer...
I agree. I actually spoke to the GM at my local dealership over the weekend and he said something similar. He has been in the business for a LONG time and so far completely accurate with some of the preview information. In fact, he was the one who told me back in early 2013 that the LR4 would have a V6 for 2014. That was back when Umberto and Stephen were having the V6 vs. V8 (before a lot of new folks joined) debate for $50. :)

This guy told me that they have the 3 Range Rover models (Evoque, RRS, and full-sized RR) and they have the same idea for the Discovery and Defender lines. He told me that the replacement for the LR4, to be called "Discovery", is going to basically be a bigger version of the Discover Sport, but more in line with styling from the Discovery Vision Concept revealed right before the Discovery Sport. He also said there would be a third version of the Discovery, which would be a "baby" one. He actually went to a secret meeting in the UK about upcoming models and told me to expect the new Discovery to be very much aligned with the Discovery Vision Concept, in fact, that was actually a very spot-on preview. I am not surprised at all. Oh well.

As for the Defender, he said they would have 3 models, a 90, 110, and 130; however, he has not seen any designs - those have been "signed" off, but are being kept extremely hidden.

I will say that I looked around on the lot, and they had about 6-8 Discovery Sports and a bunch of RR Evoque and RRS, and man they do all look similar, especially the Evoque and Discovery Sport. They were taking a delivery of a bunch of them, and wrapped up, they look so much alike. I basically have to look for the tail lights and the "Discovery" badge on the hood.

Let's keep our fingers crossed for the new Defender, as it seems like it will be built at the G wagon factory in Austria - that's cool! If I like it, I'm ordering one. Sadly, I likely won't like it at all.

Last edited:

JotaDe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to see you go AxelR. Went to Manhattan and CT recently and saw more LR4s out there than I do in the SF Bay Area. Do you plan to just drive less in NY so you are selling?

I'm generally excited with new LR products coming out. See what's new and the changes they've made. If any of the speculation is true it's pretty shocking to me at how this information is so readily leaked. I'd expect more secrecy on such major product launches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ramajama

Full Access Member
Reaction score

LOL well you know its not going to be boxy any longer. But it also will NOT be an Explorer.. not even close. Come on, lets get real here. Dont be ridiculous.
I know change is hard. But keep some faith bro. :smile:

Bhos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha, have you seen the similarities between the explorer and latest RR products? And the sport looks like a cross between and explorer and dodge durango.

LOL well you know its not going to be boxy any longer. But it also will NOT be an Explorer.. not even close. Come on, lets get real here. Dont be ridiculous.
I know change is hard. But keep some faith bro. :smile:

ramajama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha, have you seen the similarities between the explorer and latest RR products? And the sport looks like a cross between and explorer and dodge durango.

Yeah I've heard the comparisons. But I don't really see them... I've also heard people say the new Disco Sport looks like an Exploder too. I own a new Disco Sport. There might be slight similarities to an Exploder but that kind of similarity happens across the vehicle spectrum. Since we also slightly considered an Exploder and more seriously considered a Durango, I can tell you that they have VERY little in common. The comparisons are knee **** reactions at best and sour grapes at worse. I've never seen a RRS rolling down the street and confused it for an Exploder or Durango lol!! Again, Change in a beloved vehicle line is tough but let's not be ridiculous. They had to design the new generation of LR/RR to appeal to the masses and current design trends while try to maintain their own character. That's not easy.
As for our DS...We get TONS of looks and compliments on our Disco Sport. People break their necks checking it out as we drive by. I promise an Exploder or Durango would not get the same reactions.
But if you really want to go there, then consider the new LR/RR the more desirable, ****, classy and capable cousin of the Exploder.... You know, it's the one you'd RATHER take out on a date. ;)

I love the look of the LR4 but I know people who also hate it. So it's all subjective and while I may never get to own one, (because we blew our *** on the DS) I'm now open to the idea of the vision concept as the driving design for the LR4 replacement. It's really growing on me for consideration in the future as I can safely say we are now LR converts.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72