Showoff Your LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I've been on the fence for a while on getting my wheels blacked out and your photo has pushed me over. I'm scheduled to have my wheels powder coated on Monday while it's at the dealer getting some TSB work done. I'm going with Black matte with a satin finish. I'm not a fan of glossy so satin seems to make sense. I'm pretty excited and will posts pics later in the week.

I'm starting to think this might be the way to go rather than switching to 18s.

I was sure than 18s were the way to go, but the harder I go, the more I'm thinking that I could just stick with the 19s and get the Cooper Zeon LTZ...

Destroyed my pads and rotors off-roading so it may make sense for me. Tires are doing fine... So far...

Last edited:

AdvGuy

Reaction score
So I've been on the fence for a while on getting my wheels blacked out and your photo has pushed me over. I'm scheduled to have my wheels powder coated on Monday while it's at the dealer getting some TSB work done. I'm going with Black matte with a satin finish. I'm not a fan of glossy so satin seems to make sense. I'm pretty excited and will posts pics later in the week.

Looking forward to seeing the pics. Will you be able to post before/after?

Kaaae

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm starting to think this might be the way to go rather than switching to 18s.

I was sure than 18s were the way to go, but the harder I go, the more I'm thinking that I could just stick with the 19s and get the Cooper Zeon LTZ...

Destroyed my pads and rotors off-roading so it may make sense for me. Tires are doing fine... So far...

Destroyed pads and rotors? Please explain???

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Destroyed pads and rotors? Please explain???

Picked up little rocks that lodged between the pads and the rotor (front and rear). And made decent use of the HDC.

I had to go rearward and forward a few times to dislodge the little rocks or gravel. It happened quite a few times while driving through mud and/or puddles.

The rear pads were already down to 60% when I purchased the truck.

I also have the bad habit to drive pretty fast and brake hard and late (picked up the habit in Germany where I grew up, got my license and left when I was 25...)

Here is a picture of my driver side rear rotor, you'll notice a pretty deep groove (might not be the exact term). Not sure that it's only due to my driving habits or off-roading.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 73

Kaaae

Full Access Member
Reaction score
whenever you pickup debri in your rotor, you will hear a squeal. I usually engage my brakes and back up. This will usually remove the rock etc.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also I'm still looking at the 18s option. Just can't figure out if the LR3 18s plus spacers equal to some of the US aftermarket options (XD Monster 18x9 et35...)
Barry won't have any black wheels for another 1.5 months or longer anyway.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
whenever you pickup debri in your rotor, you will hear a squeal. I usually engage my brakes and back up. This will usually remove the rock etc.

I agree. I have found this method useful as well. Unfortunately it hasn't worked every time.

ougrad1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing the pics. Will you be able to post before/after?

Sorry for delayed response. Here is a quick pic with the powder coat wheels. It's been a crazy work week with Icemegedon here in Dallas so I couldn't get out much. It was in the teens with windchill at zero. I was standing on pure ice so the single pic is a little blurry. I'm planning on getting my LR4 washed next weekend so I'll post some better pics then.

11277412173_4d1a773697.jpg

Biagetti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The wheels look great... love the "murdered out" look haha. Now that I got some new rubber.. I will be rattle canning them satin black.

Disco4Play

Reaction score
Hey ougrad1, I wanted to do the same for my truck. How much does the powder coating cost if you don't mind me asking. Looks awesome!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM