Side protection moldings!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BushRover

Reaction score
I completely agree with getting the dealer to install as you want to get them as straight as possible. I got the black with chrome inserts. In terms of installation - you should pay more than couple of hundred bucks as i asked a local land rover service shop and quoted me a about 180 than took it to land rover and they installed everyting i wanted including the parts for only $1400:
- full length roof rails
- side moldings, and
- sunroof visor

Pics attached of the finished product

Attachments

• DSCN1054.JPG
    DSCN1054.JPG
    716.9 KB · Views: 66
  • DSCN1055.JPG
    DSCN1055.JPG
    680.7 KB · Views: 63
  • DSCN1056.JPG
    DSCN1056.JPG
    696.6 KB · Views: 66

bromhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how do you like the sunroof riser? Could you take a picture? I am getting the side moldings put on early next week and I might add the visor depending on your feedback.
thank you

marine_rover

Reaction score
I did my roof rails in about 40 minutes start to finish... I wouldn't pay the dealer $1400 for anything... WOW!

BushRover

Reaction score
MarineRover
No it wasn't 1400 for just the install, it included the following:
- full length roof rails,
- the sunroof deflector,
- the side molding with the chrome inserts,
- the trailer hitch,
and the installation of all of them.

Sorry for the confusion

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are pretty easy to install. You can set some painters tape as a guide before you stick them on.

I've had them on my LR3 for 130K and they have definitely saved me from numerous parking lot door dings. No doubt! You can put them on the lower third of the door...since the LR3/4 is a high vehicle, most car doors will connect with the bumpers just fine. Here's a shot of my truck last week (Carova, NC) which shows the install location that has served me well;

photo-vi.jpg

spizzi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After getting my first door ding (passenger side), I purchased and DIY installed the all black side moulding. The instructions for measuring were very confusing but I figured it out - it took me about 20 minutes just to decide what the directions were telling me. Once I marked the vehicle per the measurements, I taped each side up with 1/2" painters blue tape. It looked correct.

I then installed per instruction and it is curing for 24 hours.

I chose the all black for personal preference (i.e., there is nothing chrome on my vehicle, including my extended roof rails so I wanted to keep consistent with that style cue).

Looks great - I would not bring it in to the dealer to install as it really was quite easy.

jpjp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am looking at getting them as well. When I was at the dealer in Buckhead, Atlanta (I like to visit dealerships while I'm traveling in different cities, always interested in the accessories they carry and like to ask about trails nearby) the guy at the parts department said to get them without the chrome piece. He said that if that part gets messed up on the trails or in the parking lots that they don't sell a replacement and you would have to re-buy as a complete set. So I guess people have come in with the chrome piece bent looking to swap it out.

I would like to place it at the recommended wading depth while in the raised position, this way it would be easy to see all of the times I go Above & Beyond;)

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are pretty easy to install. You can set some painters tape as a guide before you stick them on.

I've had them on my LR3 for 130K and they have definitely saved me from numerous parking lot door dings. No doubt! You can put them on the lower third of the door...since the LR3/4 is a high vehicle, most car doors will connect with the bumpers just fine. Here's a shot of my truck last week (Carova, NC) which shows the install location that has served me well;

photo-vi.jpg

LOL, what happened there? Your truck looks in pretty bad shape, Todd.

andyboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MarineRover
No it wasn't 1400 for just the install, it included the following:
- full length roof rails,
- the sunroof deflector,
- the side molding with the chrome inserts,
- the trailer hitch,
and the installation of all of them.

Sorry for the confusion

Are you in VA? Can you tell me or PM me the dealer you went to and the cost for the full length roof rails? I'm looking to get the rails soon.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM