Territory

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hayseed_LR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have tried to give this local dealer every chance. All things being equal, I want local.

Went for a test drive 30mins prior to closing. Nope. They wanted me to come back. Came back on a Saturday morning. After about 2 miles he wanted me to turn around and head back to dealer.

No price breaks.
No dealer trades.
No free maintenance (first change)

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hayseed, with all due respect, your insistence to buy locally is starting to sound irrational. This dealer appears to be doing everything they can to stiff-arm you. The list of "no's" they gave you? What is in it for you to pay a premium to a dealer with this kind of ****-poor attitude toward a prospective new customer? Don't be an enabler to these jerks; walk away and let them fleece someone else.

Again, no offense but this thread has got me repeating "Whiskey Tango Foxtrot??" over and over in my head. But I do hope that you eventually get a great LR4 and are happy with the entire purchasing and ownership experience! There are good dealers out there.

Hayseed_LR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No offense taken. Last time there "***" kept going off in my head.

Buying local makes the most sense for me if I can make it work. Mostly for convenience. But it obviously will not.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Understood. "All things being equal" is the operative phrase here.

On that note, I enjoy the process of car shopping. Researching options, pricing, availability, then negotiating the deal. I bought a Jeep Grand Cherokee when they got a big makeover in MY2011. I found the exact vehicle I wanted and a dealer who was happy to work with me. The thing was, this dealer was in the Poconos (Pennsylvania) and I live in the DC suburbs. No problem-- my daughter and I rented a one-way little beater and made a road trip out of it. The dealer picked us up at the airport rental place where we dropped it off on their end, then gave us white glove treatment at the dealership. The deal had already been hammered out ahead of time over the phone and email so it was just a matter of signing the documents. My daughter and I got to enjoy some time together and got a 2.5-hour shakedown cruise in the new wheels to boot. It is still one of my best memories. Good luck!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635