The LR3 Wave

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Echoes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you wave to fellow LR3 owners?

I do. I see them few and far between, but still wave regardless.

So if you see a fellow LR3, wave, you are part of a crew;)

Roverine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have often had other drivers wave or at least nod- there is a bond among us.

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That used to be pretty common among Rover drivers, and Jeepers do the same thing. It is nice, but I hate getting "the look" from some soccer mom in a spiffy D2 when my battered and dented D1 drives by and I wave...

Wave on, I'll wave back! :biggin:

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree, it is a fading...but still cool courtesy to extend. 10-15 years ago the wave was a sure thing. Now there are so many people that can't even tell you what brand they are driving. They just look like "how do I know THAT guy?"

S

Sodium

I wave/head nod everytime and I am always happy when I see other LR3 elite.. we own the tarmac... and the tundra.

L

lr305

I only see one LR3 in local in the past and got none to wave to. I am living in a small town with about 100K population. We don't have a local LR dealer. The closest dealer is about 100 miles out.

J

jwc3

From my experience, LR drivers only wave at the same vehicle that they're driving. When I bought my first Disco in 97, there were very few other Discos on the road, but we would all waive. When I upgraded to the 2004 Disco 2, other Disco 2 drivers would waive, but not Disco 1 or LR3 drivers. Now that I have an LR3, the Disco 1 and 2 drivers don't waive. And, of course, the Range Rover drivers have never waived at any of my Discos.

This is similar to BMWs. My dad bought a 3-series in 1985, when they first came to the US, and when pasing other BMWs the normal procedure was to flash your bright lights. Now there are so many BMWs out there that you'd burn-out your light bulbs in a month if you flashed at every BMW.

I guess the friendly traditions break down as the population grows. The same thing is true of customs and manners in general.

Last edited by a moderator:

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get a "special wave" from environmental activists. It kinda looks like "the finger", but maybe it's the defroster lines in my windshield causing distortion.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...yeah, there are a couple Prius drivers in my neighborhood who give me that same wave, grommet.

X

xcursion

Good one, grommet. Imagine the waves they'd give to the GM Suburbans and Ford, well, Excursions...

I would love to wave or tumbs up to other land rovers, but I rarely see any since its is such a minority here.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99