The LR3 Wave

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

N

NHESS81

I wave to all Land Rovers. I have noticed that Rangies do not care--can be expected, they bought the 95 grand car lol...I get more acceptance from D1 than I do D2--I half believe it is because many of the D2s that are still being driven are more 'mainstream' and not Land Rover blood, whereas if someone is still rockin a D1 like me, its more ******** Land Rover fan who will wave, not soccer moms. The LR3 is almost the same. I have found very few who have waved back--I think it is because they do not know that my boxy beat up mobile is a Land Rover too. No matter, I go out of my way and roll down a window or crack the sunroof to wave if they are on the other side of the freeway--I figure who cares, there are not many of us, and its something I have in common than with most people ahhaha....Land Rovers dont forget us old skool drivers, we helped you get your new LR3s! (even though I would love to have an LR3, I will challenge you in my D1 any day!)

Echoes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a RR pull up beside me on the highway this AM and he gave me a thumbs up.

The tradition continues!!

Echoes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Moose said:
That used to be pretty common among Rover drivers, and Jeepers do the same thing. It is nice, but I hate getting "the look" from some soccer mom in a spiffy D2 when my battered and dented D1 drives by and I wave...

Wave on, I'll wave back! :biggin:

Moose,

Only wave at the "hot" soccer moms;)

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ROFL :biggrin:

(My wife might get ****** though)

M

mickj

I recall getting/giving the wave years ago in my Jeep CJ. Fellow CJ'ers would wave because we all understood the problems we endured over the years...leaky windshields, forgetting to to put the top up in a rainstorm...you name it. However, some years later I did not see the wave when driving a Wrangler. Most considered the Wrangler a "sellout" relative to the CJ.

Now that I have been driving my LR3 for 3 mos, I can't say I have given or received a wave...an occasional nod here and there from fellow LR3ers, but that is about it.

cbboard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been in love with the D2's since they first came out. I look in awe everytime I see one going down the road. It's such a pretty vehicle, at least in my mind. Recently, I graduated from my old Tahoe to my dream vehicle in the LR3, and I have appreciated every wave I have gotten from other Land Rover enthusiasts. I am pretty pumped to finally be part of the "in crowd."

Echoes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I owned a 95 wrangler and got the wave here and there. But I think the square headlights of the wrangler were a little hard for the purists to swallow.

R

rbutler

What century do you guys live in? In Northern New Jersey LRs (with a few exceptions) are owned by jerks with more money than brains. It's just a status symbol. I can't drive 5 miles without seeing 5 rovers. No one waives and they look at you funny or just ignore you when you do. Only guys on boards like this one care about other rover owners and we are few and far between (at least around here).

Actully, one guy waived, once, but I was so used to being ignored by other rover owners that by the time I realized it, it was too late for me to return the gesture.

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99