Timing Chain repair costs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DallasLoneStar

Reaction score
The acronym for Volkswagen Audi Group (V A G) was censored, hehe. Agree that dieselgate was a real shame, I am also a big diesel fan.

gsxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The acronym for Volkswagen Audi Group (V A G) was censored, hehe. Agree that dieselgate was a real shame, I am also a big diesel fan.
What the...! Seriously? I didn't know V A G was a naughty word, like s c r e w (the forum censors both).

Sure would be nice if the sysadmin here would FIX THE FILTER and not blindly accept the XenForo defaults.

:pcguru:

greiswig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I drove diesels for years, and made my own biodiesel. Might still be doing that if I could get a good LR diesel.

Superflash

Reaction score
I was reviewing the Statements on the Timing Chain guide Replacement and I believe I have the same issue in my RRS 4.2 . I would really like to thank everyone for being so kind to everyone else , it's such a good feeling to be in the company of like minded individuals. I would also like to express to everyone who is experiencing this issue as I feel the "frustration " of the fault as well . I am very pleased to see today the list of tools and parts as well as the quoted prices as I have heard in the past a terrifying fauls price of $15,000 . I would never sell my baby so I was concerned.
I am a quadruple Licensed Mechanic with extensive training in contamination control . So in the near future I hope I can help some people out with maybe a photographic tear down , contamination control steps and hopefully a top tier Replacement of parts and functionality test!! I'm just trying to do my small part in this community, I hope it goes well , if it does I hope I can post a link to a large collection of photos before , during and assembling .Thank you for your information and for taking the time to read.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72