Timing Chain repair costs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stephen Jones

Reaction score
I called LRNA about my '11 full size SC, referenced the TSB and they say they are not doing anything about it, no partial payment, no opening of a claim, nothing. Anyone had success with that?

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called LRNA about my '11 full size SC, referenced the TSB and they say they are not doing anything about it, no partial payment, no opening of a claim, nothing. Anyone had success with that?

They refused to open a claim?

Seems really odd. Either way, two things you can do. One, contact these guys:
https://www.kgglaw.com/class-action/land-rover-and-jaguar-timing-chain-defect-class-action/

Two, check your consumer protection laws in state. Many of the consumer protection laws are strong now, and usually start with writing a letter to get a response from them, then progress from there.

Either way, no short remedy. My resolution to it took months.

Last edited:

Stephen Jones

Reaction score

Cthehentz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not going into full detail but I just had my 2011 LR4 with 100k miles timing updated and the price was $3500 otd that included all timing chains, guides, tensioners and gaskets BUT I also had them replace all cooling components, belts while it was down and the bill soared to $5800. I would totally do it again vs having car payments.

gabrielef

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just read through the whole thing, as I try to find out about my 2013 L319. Thanks for the info!

Jhgrn3

Reaction score
has anybody experienced a crank/ no start problem after replacing the chains. I double checked the alignment of the chains as per instructions. The battery was out for over 3 weeks while waiting for parts. Now it cranks but won’t start. Sometimes feels like it wants to start and has actually started once but died right away. Cranking wears the battery down right away even wirh the charger on. Reduced performance message will sometimes come on while attempting to start. Any ideas?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72