Tire size for Cooper AT3's?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Edit: I'm also swapping from 19" to 18" rims

ALso, if I get new ones does the Mhz matter? And they should pick up after 10 minutes or so without any computer chicanery should they not?

Nobody seemed to catch the Mhz question. YES, it matters. Now....why would you be letting the factory sensors go? They are worth about $100 ea., $80 on ebay or "oem" versions.

Is a dealer doing some swap for you? If so, be darn sure YOU get the right Mhz. See, your signature doesn't say what LR you have... would be useful.

I am pretty sure that LR3 is different Mhz from LR4.

Codename Duchess

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The idea would be to swap the old ones to the new rims. However, since the truck is approaching 8 years old it might be a good idea to replace them preventively.

I was also thinking of just leaving them off and disabling the system. They tend to go bananas in the winter anyway and I don't really see what the use for them is.

My truck is an '07 HSE. I think 315Mz, but I may be wrong.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
*** is an "Mhz?" Does this have to do with tire pressure sensors? (I don't have 'em so I don't know much about 'em)

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The LR3 uses 315 Mhz TPMS sensors. So does the LR4, up to MY2013 when the system frequency was switched to 433 Mhz as a running change during that model year. However, LR3 and LR4 use sensors from different manufacturers, I am not 100% sure the two would be compatible with each other - even though the frequency is the same.

Codename Duchess

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I found 18" rims + winters for $700 which I'm super happy about.

This will delay my swap for a bit, as I'm just going to keep on the 19's until November and then swap to the winters. I wasn't planning on running winters but might as well at this point.

If I can find another set of 18"s by then I'll grab them. I'm assuming this set will have the TPMS sensors in them anyway since they're off an LR3.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not necessarily. TPMS wasn't introduced by Land Rover until late MY06 production. A 2005 or early build 2006 probably wouldn't include sensors.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
*** is an "Mhz?" Does this have to do with tire pressure sensors? (I don't have 'em so I don't know much about 'em)

Well, do you know what a Mb is if we were discussing bytes of computer RAM or a Gb referring to larger Giga sized storage space? ;)

"M" stands for "Mega" which is million.

"(MegaHertZ) One million cycles per second. It is used to measure the transmission speed of electronic devices, including channels, buses and the computer's internal clock. A one-megahertz clock (1 MHz) means some number of bits (1, 4, 8, 16, 32 or 64) can be manipulated at least one million times per second."

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not necessarily. TPMS wasn't introduced by Land Rover until late MY06 production. A 2005 or early build 2006 probably wouldn't include sensors.

An 06 HSE would have sensors, mine did and it was early-mid MY production but I don't recall if HSE came with 19" or 18" wheels as standard.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I found 18" rims + winters for $700 which I'm super happy about.

This will delay my swap for a bit, as I'm just going to keep on the 19's until November and then swap to the winters. I wasn't planning on running winters but might as well at this point.

If I can find another set of 18"s by then I'll grab them. I'm assuming this set will have the TPMS sensors in them anyway since they're off an LR3.

Great you found yourself some 18's.

Why "assume" ? You wouldn't buy something without looking at a real photo anyway would you? Just look for the aluminum metal valve stem. If it's black, it rubber and not tpms.

Where are you located? Having a separate set of wheels with winter spec is really nice.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM