To black the grill or not to black the grill?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

horacioad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To be honest, the black one looks like it doesnt belong there, like you couldn't afford to paint it. I have the same exact vehicle and I think that the silever looks better. Take a look at the chrome, I wish I had an LR4, grill that I replaced mine with. But, remember, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
http://www.landroverworld.org/gallery/files/1/5/2/7/5/100_3491.JPG.

Last edited:

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to make mine black. I also want the center section of the bumper to match and paint the outside corners of the bumper bodycolor. All this with the blacked out headlights I have!! But I am very near putting an arb on it so I haven't taken the time to even try it.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the black too, If you could do it with a non-glossy paint that almost made it look like black plastic instead of glossy I think it would look great. Or maybe it would be cheaper to buy an unpainted black one and stick it on? One reason I didn't go for a light color is because I didn't care too much for the painted grill and bumper sticking out so much. I wonder what it would look like if you painted the bumper black and left the grill silver?

ChesapeakeRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder what it would look like if you painted the bumper black and left the grill silver?

Like this?

LR3BlackBumper-Bottom.jpg

Also maybe both black?

LR3Blackbumper-CompletelyBlack.jpg

Trynian

Reaction score
I like the all black bumper. When it comes time to replace mine I plan to leave it unpainted black.

Roverine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the black too, If you could do it with a non-glossy paint that almost made it look like black plastic instead of glossy I think it would look great. Or maybe it would be cheaper to buy an unpainted black one and stick it on? One reason I didn't go for a light color is because I didn't care too much for the painted grill and bumper sticking out so much. I wonder what it would look like if you painted the bumper black and left the grill silver?

It's easy enough to spray paint a replacement part with a can of flat black laquer. I did mine and it covered amazingly well and has a matte finish. Also, it has held up well to wear and weather over 3 years.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112