Transmission Fault on the freeway

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DonC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First off you were dealing with LR Houston North. Run. Dont walk. Just run. They even refused to work on my Evoque under warranty due to the fact I already knew the error code after reading it myself with a icarsoft reader. I sent the vehicle to a shop in Dallas instead. There are a few independent places here in the Houston area that are so much better with working on these cars then the part swappers at this place.

Jimmy Brooks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A long long shot but three years ago my LR4 went into reduced performance mode on the highway and the accelerator went unresponsive. Pressing it down would do nothing. I shut down and restarted and it was ok for awhile and then repeated. It was traced down to broken fan wiring. A simple fix of the wiring and all was ok. There was mention of a TSB but I do not have the number.

I’m having issues finding an issue with my tranny that may not even be a tranny issue at this point. I had the transmission completely rebuilt but yet I still have the same issue pointing to an improper gear ratio and will only go into reduced performance mode when hot and only shifting up from gears 3-4. Pressure test have been done on my valve body and they all come back perfect so at this point I’m just totally lost about this whole thing. I’d like to hear what happened to yours because yours seems quite similar to my issue and I believe it’s also not directly Incahoots with the transmission. Could you just explain a little more on what your exact issue was and how it happened and what exactly fixed it. Thanks

Nateski

Reaction score
New here. I’m having a very similar situation. 2011 RR HSE, 77k.
4 occurrences, all after driving for approximately 45 minutes. Each time the car will shift, into neutral instead of 4 and maybe 5th. Get a “Gearbox Fault” on the dash but nothing else, except on the 3rd occurrence, a check engine light which resulted in an OBDII code of P2407. Forced the symptom yesterday (br driving harder than usual) and codes reading are P0850-8f (Park-Neutral Switch) and P0729-07 Gear 6 incorrect. (Symptom has not occurred while In sport mode, yet)

Also getting a P0128 and P0126 (both engine thermostat Related, which has been a recurring issue for about a year and has resulted in 3 thermostat replacements by the dealer...) going to clear the codes and see what happens next. Btw, fluid was changed approx 1000 miles ago by me. Level checked. Used ZF fluid.
Going to check the park/neutral switch, Clean it and look for loose wires. It has been my experience that wiring is the cause of many gremlins. I also have a 2005 LR3.

Jimmy Brooks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did this issue occur before the fluid change?

New here. I’m having a very similar situation. 2011 RR HSE, 77k.
4 occurrences, all after driving for approximately 45 minutes. Each time the car will shift, into neutral instead of 4 and maybe 5th. Get a “Gearbox Fault” on the dash but nothing else, except on the 3rd occurrence, a check engine light which resulted in an OBDII code of P2407. Forced the symptom yesterday (br driving harder than usual) and codes reading are P0850-8f (Park-Neutral Switch) and P0729-07 Gear 6 incorrect. (Symptom has not occurred while In sport mode, yet)

Also getting a P0128 and P0126 (both engine thermostat Related, which has been a recurring issue for about a year and has resulted in 3 thermostat replacements by the dealer...) going to clear the codes and see what happens next. Btw, fluid was changed approx 1000 miles ago by me. Level checked. Used ZF fluid.
Going to check the park/neutral switch, Clean it and look for loose wires. It has been my experience that wiring is the cause of many gremlins. I also have a 2005 LR3.

Jose Aguilar

Reaction score
For the guys who live in Houston, can you recommend a Indy shop that really works well with transmission issues? I have an LR42011 that has been giving me trouble but it’s difficult to find good shops here in Mexico city. I am willing to drive all the way to Houston to drop it with somebody that can really fix it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72