Trip Report/Failure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, so again how does the rod-mod contribute to this? The spring force would be: F=K*(delta)X. If anything, the spring force would be less if you have the rod-mod installed because that displacement (delta X) is lessened by ~2" but this is how a mechanical spring would work...so maybe like a coil spring. I don't know about air springs.

I think this isn't rod-mod related, that's all. I think you're on to something with the strut, but how did that happen? Is there any adjustment ability to it? Could it have somehow gotten out of whack?

I agree and say that this didn't happen due to the rod mod. There isn't any adjustability at all from the shock/strut standpoint. This is why I say you don't want to use a spacer of any kind, due to the fact that you would allow the strut to extend that much further and if this happened with out them I would hate to see somebody go wheeling with them. For know I am going to replace the strut and do some tests.

Last edited:

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah man...get that $hit fixed...I hate to think of you down there without your wheels! I'll be in your neck of the woods a lot starting in September (en route to Corvallis) we should get together and grab a beer!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4