Two problems, one fix!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LRnewbie11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had to have my windshield replaced for a third time in 4 months! Basically got a rock chip that quickly spread into a 2' crack. Had Safelite replace it. (HUGE MISTAKE) The replacement windshield started leaking. Ok, call Safelite and tell them it's leaking so they replace again. All good for a couple months. Didn't have too much rain... Until last week. Windshield was leaking even worse. I called my insurance (USAA) and told them what happened and that I didn't want Safelite to touch my vehicle again. Long story short they said I could take it elsewhere to have it fixed and Safelite would pay for it. My LR dealership has a local place that does their glass work. It finally was repaired correctly.

I mentioned two problems in the subject line. The other problem was an annoying squeaking sound when driving on the highway. Any guesses as to the source of the problem? Give up? Yep, badly installed windshield.

Word to the wise out there DO NOT take your vehicle to Safelite.

TLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am glad you resolved the issue.
I had my windshield replaced on 2011 LR4 through my dealership.
After the replacement I had a noise coming from the top edge of the windshield when driving at highway speeds. It turned out to be a molding which was not installed correctly.
The person who corrected this said that the windshield replacement is not the easiest task on LR4. Once it was corrected everything was fine.
Hopefully no more rock chips.

bushway9172

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too had a bad experience with Safelite. Took mine to a dealer-recommended glass shop, and they did a perfect job with the replacement.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM