Visible wires in windshield

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lone Star landy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was one of those complainers Umberto referred to. I was investigating ways to replace it. Fortunately folks on this forum convinced me to give it some time. It took about a week to completely forget about it even at those low light times when the wires would be more noticeable. The heated windshield is the good. The only issue with the wires is that I haven't found a location for my EZ Pass sticker for a toll road here. Apparently the wires interfere.

That's odd Dan. My EZ tag works perfectly through the heated windshield. I also know a few other people who have LR heated windshields and they have no interference either.

andyboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No issues with my EZ pass here. Your EZ pass might be old? Have you changed it out?

catman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No issues with the EZ pass on my LR3 with the heated windshield. Also, I have seen some people stick the transponder to the sunroof glass, that may work as well.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello evreyone, My 2015 HSE LUX has about a thousand black squiggly wires running through the front windshield from top to bottom. When the light hits them just right they are annoying. I am sure they are either part of the rain sensor or the windshield heat system. Anyone else see these in your vehicle?

That car is no good.
Take it back.
:wink:

BearishDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As we are talking about the heated windscreen already I wanted to ask, if I tint it (transparent v-kool, not actual black tint), will the heating feature be unusable? where I live there's no need for it really but I don't want to mess it up.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The heating filaments are sandwiched between two panes of glass composing the windshield, so tinting should have no effect on its operation. Not sure how well the tinting film would reach to that heat, though. I'm assuming it can take it?

BearishDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks umberto! yah I assume it can, summer in my city goes as high as 117F so I think the tinting film will manage the heat, I've never had to turn the windscreen on tho as winter here rarely (never) goes below freezing temperature

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did find that my nice radar detector I had in my last car didnt work well at all in the LR4. I think it is due to the heater lines.

Turned out not to matter much because I drive so much slower now in this thing.

I have a really nice GPS ****** Passport 9500 though in case anyone wants it for a great deal.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72