Visible wires in windshield

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's interesting because I have the same exact issue as mbw with that model ****** detector, as well as with my Navman GPS tracker (my car is monitored 24/7 among my company's fleet vehicles - the installer had to hide the antenna for that module in the "shark fin" assembly above the roof to get a consistent ping), however the GPS antenna of my dash cam picks up satellites right away and always knows where I am and how fast I am going, right through the same windshield.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did find that my nice radar detector I had in my last car didnt work well at all in the LR4. I think it is due to the heater lines.

Turned out not to matter much because I drive so much slower now in this thing.

I have a really nice GPS ****** Passport 9500 though in case anyone wants it for a great deal.

Is it the ci or other sub model ?

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny sidenote, I installed V-Kool window tint to my truck and it also blocks my cell phone's GPS.

LR4USN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Odd. I've used my 9500xi without issue. Works perfect every time usually located lower to the dash tad off center.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72