Vision assist package worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gmosley

Reaction score
I ordered a US spec Corris Gray, Lux with Black Pack and HD package and it is getting ready to be built. I was told that I have until 11 Feb to make any changes to my order. Initially I was good with my options, but I have been thinking about the vision assist package the last two days because it might get a fishing boat and this option could make life easier. I know it provides other safety functions, but to me it meant more electronics that can have problems. I know we survived for years with out electronics to help tow and monitor blind spots, etc., but for those of you that have it, if you could do it again would you get this option? Thanks for your time and any input you might provide.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Especially considering that Vision Assist includes Blind Spot Monitoring on MY2014s (a feature that wasn't even available on last year's build), I'd say it's definitely worth it. Cameras are useful if you off road or tow (and the front bumper ones appear much improved on MY14). With a vehicle this long / large, they should make Blind Spot Monitoring a stand alone or standard feature, it is a great safety tool on other vehicles I've driven with it.

Last edited:

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't speak to the Blind Spot Monitoring on the LR4 as mine is still months away but I have it on my Acura MDX and I am very pleased with it. I would not get another vehicle without it as I am often on freeways or multi-lane highways.

TLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would get it just for a better rear view camera.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Incidentally, I noticed this morning that the Land Rover USA web site finally acknowledges there will be a MY2014 LR4 in our future. :biggrin: Although you still can't build one or explore detailed specs and available options, the builder still features the 2013 model and seems to be broken. Come on guys, MY2015s are only a few short months away...

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Incidentally, I noticed this morning that the Land Rover USA web site finally acknowledges there will be a MY2014 LR4 in our future. :biggrin: Although you still can't build one or explore detailed specs and available options, the builder still features the 2013 model and seems to be broken. Come on guys, MY2015s are only a few short months away...

I hear ya but its just the same site from the UK.

Granted the building an LR4 is different as they have a 5 tiered approach on the UK site but it really shouldn't be this hard!

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe the people updating the LRNA website are the same who built the healthcare.gov website. Sorry. Couldn't resist. Not being political. Just a reminder of a website implementation effort that didn't deliver.

I hear ya but its just the same site from the UK.

Granted the building an LR4 is different as they have a 5 tiered approach on the UK site but it really shouldn't be this hard!

Gmosley

Reaction score
I added the option. After reading your comments and finding some videos of what the package actually does, it seemed like it will be useful.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is one of those things you don't realize is that valuable until you have it!

BTW, we switched from Bronze to Corris Gray after seeing one and spending some time with it this morning. No black package for us, though. I may make some things black later. Just not now.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635