Wacky Software Glitch for Windshield Washers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

macrover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK has ANYONE seen this wacky problem. I originally thought that LR Engineers had made a huge oversight on the windshield washer programming with my Rain Sensor wipers. When I squirt the front windshield the wipers don't automatically turn on for a few wipes like EVERY car I have ever had.

BUT....I just figured out that when I squirt the back window the front wipers engage for a few wipes and when I squirt the front window, the back wiper engages for a few wipes. It appears that the programming on the front and back windshield washer controls is linked to the wrong wipers! Can you believe that. Taking to the LR Dealer next week to have them take a look.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
LOL, I hate to say it, but this is funny. I bet the engineer had a long night at the pub after a watching his favorite team win the match.

Ethan Hunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK has ANYONE seen this wacky problem. I originally thought that LR Engineers had made a huge oversight on the windshield washer programming with my Rain Sensor wipers. When I squirt the front windshield the wipers don't automatically turn on for a few wipes like EVERY car I have ever had.

BUT....I just figured out that when I squirt the back window the front wipers engage for a few wipes and when I squirt the front window, the back wiper engages for a few wipes. It appears that the programming on the front and back windshield washer controls is linked to the wrong wipers! Can you believe that. Taking to the LR Dealer next week to have them take a look.

My does the same exact thing. I honestly thought that I was doing something wrong. I just havent spent time investigating this issue. Please let me know what you find out.

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Were you driving in reverse? lol, keep us posted.

macrover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update on this.....I gotta say as much as there are some odd problems with the LR3, the Dealer experience is great. No hassles, loaner arranged for my wife and they are taking care of the three issues we identified. One being the wipers....they are replacing the rear wiper assembly and doing some software changes. The other two issues were the driver's seat seemed to have some play....they are replacing the base and finally a nasty noise is coming from the front differential...replacing some componenets there as well.

All good and very friendly and helpful....no disputing the problems in any way :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635