What Tires for LR3 after Pirelli Scorpion ATR 255/55R19 discontinuation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tictaktoe

Reaction score
As for your spare; I took my best remaining Michelin and put it under the rig for a spare. It's the same size as the Nokians so it will serve its purpose as a "get me home" spare if called upon. I'm not sure what you mean by the "wheel cap" on your current spare. When I run the MT/Rs I throw my spare in the boot since it won't fit underneath. For that I have a BFG Long Trail T/A mounted on an 18" X5 rim. Again, that's a get me home spare.

The intention is the same, however, I wa strying to figure out if there is any way I can fit it underneath since the regular tire wouldnt have the to fit the locking mechanism...

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still don't understand your question/concern. What "regular tire?"

....and the end of your sentence; uh....you may have a typo in there. Not sure what you are saying. A 255/55R19 tire will fit up there.

schwaggy

Reaction score
Well said.. thanks for all the opinion. I'll probably go with Dueler given the kind of driving that I expect to do but also because I see all 4 of them with installation and taxes for under $800 @ Costco.

I might not drive as hard as catman's wife :rolleyes:
But I drive very spirited - the Dueler's are AWESOME IMO. And you can't go wrong at that Costco price. I wish I would have realized Cosco sold them before I dropped what I did for a set of 5.

jaamrode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The intention is the same, however, I wa strying to figure out if there is any way I can fit it underneath since the regular tire wouldnt have the to fit the locking mechanism...

I think you're missing that the center caps pop out of the wheel with a press of your thumb from the back side of the wheel. As long as you have a full size Land Rover wheel the spare tire winch plate will fit and lift the wheel and tire into place.

When changing a flat you would pull the flat off the truck pop the center cap out, lower the spare put the center cap on that wheel and put the wheel on the truck then you can lift the flat into the spare tire well so you don't get the inside of the LR3 all dirty. I hope this answered your question #6

whydahdvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What was the size tire you got from Costco? Every time I've gone to look there for tires for my LR3 they say they don't carry the size tire I need. But I probably need to plug in a specific tire size. I bought a set a 18" wheels to use for more aggressive treads than on my standard 19's. Suggestions?

Tictaktoe

Reaction score
I think you're missing that the center caps pop out of the wheel with a press of your thumb from the back side of the wheel. As long as you have a full size Land Rover wheel the spare tire winch plate will fit and lift the wheel and tire into place.

When changing a flat you would pull the flat off the truck pop the center cap out, lower the spare put the center cap on that wheel and put the wheel on the truck then you can lift the flat into the spare tire well so you don't get the inside of the LR3 all dirty. I hope this answered your question #6

Very helpful, and I realized I didnt even know what to call it driving Houm_WA a little confused. Yes, I was talking about the center caps in which the locking mechanism (for lifting it) of spare tire's goes. I believe in order to use one of the tires that I just replaced as spare, I'll need to put in the wheel, and then replace spare with it.

Tictaktoe

Reaction score
What was the size tire you got from Costco? Every time I've gone to look there for tires for my LR3 they say they don't carry the size tire I need. But I probably need to plug in a specific tire size. I bought a set a 18" wheels to use for more aggressive treads than on my standard 19's. Suggestions?

Just came home after installing it, and kept one of the best used tires with me if I decide to use it for the spare later on. Unfortunately, my rear left was punctured on side by a nail (so no repair), rear right had may be 2 months remaining. And in the front, I saw that there was another nail on the passenger side but it didnt puncture because it didnt go deep inside. So the only option I had to keep the best one was driver side.

I got the following tire from Costco - DUELER H/L ALENZA PLUS 255/55R19 111V XL BL ALL - Item# 849163. At tire rack consumer survey, it was rated no. 2 for Crossover/SUV Touring All-Season after Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season Plus. http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/surveydisplay.jsp?type=CSTAS

Along with the NJ State Tire Fee, Tire Disposal and Installation that comes with road hazard warranty, the total was $796 after $70 rebate. Costco's Road Hazard Warranty is something like this :
http://tires2.costco.com/Common-Documents/Road-hazard-tires_us.aspx

When looking at all the wholesale, I saw a link (clickable) that rated Sam's the best given its 24/7 tire repair service, and Costco was ranked second. I looked at the price and the tires that were at Sam's were quite expensive (comparatively) and this specific set of tires were not available.

Last edited:

Tictaktoe

Reaction score

By the way, Costco doesn't keep then in stock. I went online and ordered to the store, and once got the confirmation that the store recieved them, called them to schedule an appointment. Was told that no appointment necessary, but when i reached there he said you should have mentioned land rover as for speciality vehicle they do give appointment (Take a little more time )... Anyways took me around 3.5 hours with wait and all...

GSMblue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another vote here for Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza Plus tires. Been very happy with mine for about 20k miles.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM