Who says Rovers leak oil??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J

J-Trana

???

I don't know if mine is a oil leak or what... I have this black oily dust on my front tire rims and it gets thicker each time I drive it. I have only had my 2001 D II for about two weeks now so I am brand new to everything that can got on with my Landy
Any help on what it might be...

D

discomike

Sounds like what you are describing is brake dust, commom on any heavy vehicle, especially if they have cheap aftermarket brake pads.
Mike J.

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
If it is oily..Make sure that you are full on Brake Fluid too. I had brake dust that was oily and my piston seals had busted on the driver side. Just an FYI. Good Luck.

J

J-Trana

Just dust

Thank goodness... I took it in to day and had it checked out, Takeo had e-mail me with some information too... plus the cheap brake thing. So when I went in there I was ready with question of what I thought it might be, and I also mention that I had received information from a member of a Landy club... he reasured me that the brake were not cheap one they are blah, blah blah... (can you tell I don't remember... lol)
I want to thank you all for answering my question and I am sure as time goes on I will have a lot more too.
thank you, Jeni

Militant-Grunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Land rover of manhattan says that the engine in my disco has minor oil leaks, and that the engine needs a reseal.. but it would cost like 2 grand to do so its not worth it..

F

faisal_in_laurel

Hmm.....may be because mine has a lot of miles (175K) my oil pan leaked for gaskets. Replaced the gaskets and the leak on mine stopped.

V

vaporhat

I have 76K on my 99" D1 and I have a few leaks myself. Nothing that leave a mark on the ground but I can clearly see some seepage. I just keep an eye on my oil level and don't stress it.

Sam Grant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2000 D2 I recently bought doesnt leak a drop, -fingers shall remained crossed though!!-

T

tcosson

Sam Grant said:
My 2000 D2 I recently bought doesnt leak a drop, -fingers shall remained crossed though!!-

It's probably out.... lets see if your still bragging after the thing siezes up ;)

Sam Grant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I checked it two days ago, amazingly it was full! Although the Porsche is leaking enough for both of them :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM