Who says Rovers leak oil??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

discomike

Picture's worth a 1000 words

By the way Mark, I did check my oil level, it is full.
Maybe this time the picture will come through.
Mike J.

Attachments

• DSCF0022.jpg
    DSCF0022.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 170
D

discomike

Looking For Oil Leaks

Tom,
I followed your recommendations and check my oil, and yes it is full , and look no leaks.
Mike J.

Attachments

• DSCF0022.jpg
    DSCF0022.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 171
D

discomike

Well I went from not being able to post a picture to now having 2, Hey, it's Sunday, maybe I should have slept in. Speaking of sleeping in, I hope this posting doesn't wake you, or more so, isn't tooo noisey for you this morning Melissa.
Mike J.

D

dirtyjim

i read somewhere that the oil leaks are part of the LRACS (land rover anti-corrosion system)
mine has the HD version oil leaks from one end all the way to the other

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
ALL LAND ROVER'S ..If it ain't a leakin' it must be dry.....But no seriously most leak oil from the Valve Cover Gaskets. I am on my first Disco (D1), I used to have a 1995 RRC it leaked from the gaskets, as did the 1988 RR SWB that I drove in high school. This has just been my experience though.

Melissa

tmiller1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to spoil the fun, but neither of my Discovery's leaked any oil (but one was a 2000, and the other is a 2004). I never had a drop of oil leak in the last 2 years.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All according to LR surveys customer satisfaction going up :) So there you go..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM