Who's running Cooper STT's???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
muddy sand washes? That's not real mud. IMO, the LR3 isn't exactly the best vehicle for REAL mud, but the coopers are probably your best bet.

Mhaise57

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I beg to differ. Even with my Cooper Zeons I have still out performed most of the other individuals that have tried to follow. I believe in the brand and it's heritage. She just needs shoes designed for the terrain. I have run circles around countless trucks and SUVs with TSL swampers and big lifts. They always walk away or get towed out by me in amazement. I believe this is the last generation that will contain true Land Rover DNA.

ChesapeakeRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am totally happy with the STT's. We were wheeling in the muddy sand washes of Sand Canyon last weekend and they worked effortlessly. The truck in front of me [DuckDive/Jerry] runs the AT Zeons and didn't have trouble through. Airing down helps clear the tread pattern but an AT will never do what a MT will do...by design.

th_adam13.jpg

th_adamwheelie.jpg

Movie
th_P3070192.jpg

So Adam i see you solved that rubbing problem :biggrin:

How's that load range "C" doing for ya?

ChesapeakeRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I beg to differ. Even with my Cooper Zeons I have still out performed most of the other individuals that have tried to follow. I believe in the brand and it's heritage. She just needs shoes designed for the terrain. I have run circles around countless trucks and SUVs with TSL swampers and big lifts. They always walk away or get towed out by me in amazement. I believe this is the last generation that will contain true Land Rover DNA.

You Should also take a look at the Maxxis Bighorns in a 275/65 R18, load Range "D" and a real mud terrain
MT-762Bighorn.jpg

Last edited:

krizza91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have read several threads about tires and I think I am going with the Cooper Zeon LTZ...My question is does anyone that has this setup or another tire sized 285/60/18 have the spare under, or is everyone shelling out high $$$ for a swing away spare mount. I have read in a few posts somewhere you can fit a bigger tire under if you air it down and remove some plastic parts, but I cant seem to find the posts or tire sizes they were referring to.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, 285/60/18 Cooper Zeon's will fit under, if aired down partially (down to about 10-15psi). most people are NOT buying rear bumper tire carriers, but would if money were no object, as it is a far superior solution.

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I had my Toyo Open Country 285/60's my spare would fit underneath even without
airing it down.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The size of the lugs vary per type of tire, so the actual dimensions often differ from brand to brand, depsite the stated size. The differences can be over 1/2" in diameter!

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@roverman: your statement about mud has not logical merit. If equipped with mud there is no reason to think that the LR3 can't perform as well as any other 4x4 in mud. It is heavier than most, I'll give you that...but it really comes down to tires with this vehicle. I've went from streets to ATs to MT/Rs and with each step I gained a significant capability boost.

Choose an appropriate TR setting and turn the DSC off and I'd put the LR3 up against anything in mud.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo