Window Gaskets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J

jdool76

Probaly like a lot of you guys with Disco I's my rear three window seals/gaskets are rotting away to nothing. I have replace ments for the buggers but I gave it a loo ad thought where the heck woud I start. Any one have and advice or expierence on replacing them? I would like to do myself if possible.

L

Lendawg

I have a new pair of side window seals ready to install, too. I did the same thing...thought "how in the heck?".
I'll probably give it a shot this week. I am trying to attach a copy of my instructions...
Note the first step..."If fitted, 'push' out the glass and remove the mounting rubber."
Len

Attachments

• IMAGE0002.JPG
    IMAGE0002.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 45
Last edited by a moderator:
J

jdool76

please let me know how it goes for you. If possible could you take some photographs of the process espically the difficult steps?

O

oberdahill

I also have gaskets on order. I'm going to opt to have a window shop replace them instead of doing it myself. The charge shouldn't be that high and it reduces the possibility of me cracking the glass.

L

Lendawg

Oberdahill, that is very tempting (to go to a shop)...but I've done everything else myself so far.

D

disco1

To prevent the rubber seals from rotting, you need to wipe them after each car wash with a silicon treatment, such as you use to refurbish your plastic mouldings around the bumpers. FWIW, the window rubbers on my 91 are like new.

M

millermatt2003

Just called around yesterday to get quotes on replacing the gaskets if I bring them in - $50 per window was the best I could find. Now I just found out (after a week of solid rain) that the windshield is leaking into the passenger side floor pan.

L

Lendawg

Dohh!!!!
Without the Disco, life would surely be less interesting, no?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM