windshield wiper loose

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

W

wmg1971

Hi all, I'm new here, and am having a small problem...My driver's side windshield wiper has just loosened up today, and I need to know how to tighten it up...It's on a 2000 Discovery...Any help is greatly appreciated...

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D

disco1

At the base of the wiper arm is an 'end cap'. Lift this cap up and under it you will find the locking nut. To re-position the wiper arm, remove the nut and lift the wiper arm from the splined boss. If it was not aligned to begin with, run the motor and allow it to move to the park position, then, push the wiper arm onto the splined boss, ensuring that the wiper blades are clear of the windscreen rail. Tighten the nut, push down cap. Wet the windscreen when testing to ensure the blades don't over run.

W

wmg1971

Thanks for your help!!! I just couldn't figure out how to get to the screw...I put some electrical tape on a mini screwdriver, and was able to remove it...Now, I have to get a 13mm socket, which I don't have...Sheesh!!!

Thanks AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

markthecat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a similar problem on my 1999 Disco 2. My drivers side wiper isn't working but passenger side is. Is there a linkage connecting the two, or have I broke a cotter pin or something. Wouldn't you know it happens when it's been raining here for days now.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99