Windshield Wiper Timing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alowrun

Reaction score
Hi Everyone:

I own a 2003 Land Rover Discovery, with about 102,000 miles on it. It's my second Disco; the first one was a '95.

A few weeks ago Boston (where I am) got hit with a heavy, wet snow storm. It broke the rear windshield wiper off it's joint, and somehow my windshield wiper switch in the front for the front wipers broke, also.

I took it to a National Tire and Battery, who stated the switch was broken, and said it was cost over $500 to replace. They also said that sometimes, when a new switch is used, it can blow the windshield wiper motor, which would require me to spend another $400.

After walking out and doing my homework, I bought a new switch for $71, and had it installed by a private garage mechanic who regularly works on Disco's. (as evinced by the three in his garage bay all lifted up)

He installed the switch today. However, when I use the switch for manual wipe, or use the auto-wipe setting, and then shut it off, they stop in the vertical position, instead of the horizontal position near the hood (where they belong).

What is the problem here? The good news is the wipers are working, and that I didn't pay the local garage much at all for his labor; He was extremely reasonable.

Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99