Windshield

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dragan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Heated windshield on LR3 don't work properly, when is heat on passenger side don’t defrost spot about 4” wide . LR dealer told me my FORD ESP warranty will cover heated windshield.What need to be removed replaced during installation.
I don’t wont have more damage on my car these people are careless

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't worry about it, your's won't be the first Rover they have replaced the glass in.

gtc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No big deal; had mine done under warranted - it just gets subbed to a glass shop.

dragan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for replay
Do anybody know haw LR testing to determinate damaged windshield
Thanks

gtc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for replay
Do anybody know haw LR testing to determinate damaged windshield
Thanks

I had a similar issue - 3" strip not defrosting. They said that the wires to the windshield were obviously damaged and there was no question about warranty (ie, the wiring isn't accessible to the average person, so it had to be a warranty item).

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to be sneaky, but throw rocks at it until you get a crack then claim it against your normal car policy. I've had three replaced from natural causes.

dragan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:hello:

Attachments

• IMG_0424.jpg
    IMG_0424.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 71

Team Jeff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not to be sneaky, but throw rocks at it until you get a crack then claim it against your normal car policy. I've had three replaced from natural causes.

Insurance fraud is not taken lightly & you risk secondary damage from the rock. I do NOT agree with this, but I watched a friend of mine create a crack large enough to be covered by insurance by using a hammer & punch. My insurance payments are higher because of people defrauding the system - so don't do it. Please. :)

dragan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will go thursday to LR shop to check what is whit the windshield and will my (ford ESP) warranty cover repair .:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112