would it be a waste to replace my steering stabalizer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DiscoFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I cant say for sure that it is bad, but then again i dont really know what it is supposed to feel like. They only run about 70 bux, so would it be worth changing it out, or do these things last awhile? Or are they kinda useless to begin with, lemme know. I have 42k miles on my 99 D2. Thanks

D

discomike

I changed mine out on my 99 D2 when it had 35K on it and it did make a difference. Try the OME's, they are great.
Mike J.

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would agree. I am picky about that stuff, and it helps when you have a lift (because you already are loosing control from the added height and everything starts getting touchy).

DiscoFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cool thanks guys, i think i will try to pick one up this week, any good sites to order from? thanks

A

ayavner

do disco's have steering stabilizers on from the factory? Would this be on non-ACE models?

D

discomike

Sure they do, all 4wheelers have steering stablizers on them from the factory, they are needed to help with the lateral stability.
Mike J.

DiscoFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
update:

just picked up an OME stabalizer for 58 bux from 4by4connection.com, seemed like a great price, thanks all

Ares

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess Im late, but it would be a good time to consider relocating the stabilizer up front if you do much offroading. Reason why I say this, is I crushed mine on a rock last night and could turn the wheels. Had to take it off using a leatherman and a bunch of curse words. I ordered a relocation kit from RTE and a OME stabilizer from Nathan at Discount Rovers.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9