What's the diffrence??? 2006/2007 HSE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RvDUB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello Forum! I am a long time reader and first time poster ! I do see a LR3 HSE in my garage in the near future and have been searching around to see what the main differences are between the 2006 and 2007 HSE.

Some info I have gathered suggest that in 2007 bluetooth was standard and the single touch turn single with the three flashes was standard. But not standard in the 2006. is this true?

If you guys and gals can enlighten me that would be great ! Any other differences to note?

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
maybe the font on the speedo. I cant remember when exactly after 2006 that was changed.

Learth

Reaction score
My 2006 HSE doesn't have a lumbar support option. I believe the '07 has it.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think both seats work with the key off in 2007.

goinsurfin

Reaction score
Well i have an HSE and I do not have the following listed below. However, I love the truck regardless.

Lumbar support
3 blink feature for turn signal
Sirus radio (was not added on the factory build)
Seats are not adjustable without key turned on
Homelink for garage doors does not work unless key is on

I do have:
Full size spare tire and locking differential (std on HSEs)
Heated steering wheel and 3rd row heated seats... just kidding

foofighter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
goinsurfin: locking diff on the 2006 HSE? how do you know/confirm this?

goinsurfin

Reaction score
goinsurfin: locking diff on the 2006 HSE? how do you know/confirm this?

This came as a package(I forget the name of the package) if you have a full size spare, the locking diff was included. in addition, the locking diffs show up on the NAV offroad screen when it actually locks...I do not believe the package was available on SE models, only HSE.

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not true. There are some V8 SE's with the Heavy duty package (full size spare and locking rear diff). Not sure which years. The only way to tell for sure is to look or have the dealer run you vin#. Many previous owners add a full size spare and this in no longer a good indicator, unless you are the original owner.

A: Lockers B: No lockers
diff.jpg

Thanks umbertob for the image.

Trynian

Reaction score
This came as a package(I forget the name of the package) if you have a full size spare, the locking diff was included. in addition, the locking diffs show up on the NAV offroad screen when it actually locks...I do not believe the package was available on SE models, only HSE.

I think you are off a bit, it is not standard on the HSE in 07 but an option. I know several 07 HSE that don't have it and people that looked to get a used 07 with it and had trouble finding one.

It is an option on any HSE or SE models, all years and is called the heavy duty package.

So it is not a difference between the 06 an 07 HSE since both can have it as an option.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112