Black beauty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm curious about the installation. The website says that they bolt right on and then goes and advises you get it professionally done because it's tricky.

JohnKel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
roverman said:
I'm curious about the installation. The website says that they bolt right on and then goes and advises you get it professionally done because it's tricky.
Roverman; While there are no "modifications" needed ie : welding/ frame cutting etc you will need metric tools (wrenches and hex ) and at least IMO a rack/lift to expedite installation..... the underbumper guard requires installing a bracket with "pop" rivets in the bumper. radiator guards( shoulda kept my mouth shut) need existing holes enlarged and installation of treaded inserts (metric) I'll try to post pics of the various parts later today or tommorrow HTH

Cheers
John

JohnKel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Click thumbnails for larger view

Underbumper and underbody (behind) installed, these replace the plastic cover and the two steel LR protectors behind it, I still need to install the trans case protection for this unprotected area and I'll post photos when I get done. I know.......... no bling and can't be seen when done but.......*** :biggrin:

Cheers
John

Timgco

Reaction score
Anyone know what size tires are on this rig? SE rims? My guess is 285's. Think they'll rub off road if they are 285's? I'm guessing that's what they are.

I just drove my first LR3 HSE today and loved it!

Any help on the tire size would be great. Looking at an HSE and would try to have them trade me for 18" SE rims if the 285's would fit.

I E Mailed the seller to find out more on the tire/ rim set up. I'll post the info. if they respond.

Thanks in advance,
TIm.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those appear to be the popular Nitto Terra Grappler A/T's, 285/60/18. They don't rub off road, but I have had them rub on one or two occassions ON road when cornering hard. They touch ever so slightly in the rear wheel arch, just forward of the tire, at about 9:00 o'clock as you are looking at the tire.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if they weren't the 255 55 18's as they don't look like they fill up the wheel well as much as your pics, nwoods. Or is it just that the pics are in extended mode? Whichever they are, they do look awesome. I will probably have a set soon since goodyear can't get their act together on the silentarmor wranglers. I still don't know what to do about the spare and the size difference.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's possible, but remember that I am with coil springs and sit a little lower

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the spare tire issue is causing me a lot of heartburn right now. I can't seem to find a way aroudn spending over $400 for a full size spare, and frankly, I baulk at that.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
John, how are your skids holding up? Put them to the test yet? My order has been delayed yet again. Loosing all faith and good will towards BP. Very frustrating.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635