Land Rover Expedition America

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

costelj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's awesome. I hope they provide frequent updates.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Umberto,
If you start this between July 2014 and June 2015 I'm your man.
I couldn't dream of a better adventure after becoming a US citizens a couple of years ago and now a Land Rover aficionado ;)
I will be in New Mexico by then but I'll meet you back at the beginning of the trail... Let me know.

Kaaae

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks great pegged them on FB and Instagram.

bushway9172

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. I am following them on FB and Instagram as well. I'd love to do this someday.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't want to diminish the expedition Land Rover is undertaking but I watched a few videos on YouTube and it turns out that the Trans America Trail is a really well maintained trail which doesn't really seem to offer much difficulty for the LR4.
It still will be an epic adventure and a beautiful way to go across country.

costelj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I was beginning to wonder, after seeing some photos of that trail. Cool undertaking nonetheless, but I agree, it's a far cry from that road in South Africa the guy on Youtube (4xforum?) drove (Baboon Pass I think it was called). Longer, but safer.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I was beginning to wonder, after seeing some photos of that trail. Cool undertaking nonetheless, but I agree, it's a far cry from that road in South Africa the guy on Youtube (4xforum?) drove (Baboon Pass I think it was called). Longer, but safer.

Yes indeed. Baboon Pass. As I was watching that video I was impressed by the ability of the LR4 but also the determination shown by the people helping. Literally building the road for Andrew St Pierre White at times.
Here's a link:
http://www.4x4-insurance.co.za/2012/06/20/can-a-discovery-4-survive-babboons-pass/

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't know about the Eastern portion of the trail, but once they get to Colorado, and all the way through Nevada, they will find plenty of technical trails to challenge them. I have been on some of Colorado's Continental Divide passes and in and around Moab, many trails out are no picnic even under ideal weather.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4