Goodyear MT/R for HSE 19" available soon in U.S.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S

snwbrdn

At last some hope for 19" HSE wheels for a decent Off-Road tire. I just received this email from Goodyear HQ regarding the availability of the 255/55/19 Goodyear MT/R in the U.S. (Currently avialable in U.K. as on the G4 edition LR3):

Sent by: Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company Consumer Relations 728 1144 East Market Street Akron, OH 44316 Voice #: 800.321.2136 Fax #:

Thank you fro your email and your interest in Goodyear tires. We have added this tire to the line and it will begin shipping from
Europe soon. The earliest we could expect units available for sale would be August of this year.
Barbara Hummel
Consumer Relations

Yahooooo!

davez26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About time, I've been working on those guys for over a year. If you can't wait, I believe Land Rover Dallas had some imported. 1-800-655-8479.

jimbiram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nuts...Just put on a set of Michelin Synchrones on my HSE. They are ok, but really want more offroad tire....

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have pictures of the Goodyears?

Would they affect the road drive/handeling much?

thanx

JohnKel

Full Access Member
Reaction score

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. They look great!!!

Yeah, my handeling question (as you probably guessed) is will they handle the other 95% of my driving which is roads & highways! (how noticeable do you think the effect, if any, on pavement handeling, high speed, road noise, or mileage?)

JohnKel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
toddjb122 said:
Thanks. They look great!!!

Yeah, my handeling question (as you probably guessed) is will they handle the other 95% of my driving which is roads & highways! (how noticeable do you think the effect, if any, on pavement handeling, high speed, road noise, or mileage?)
The reviews on the site I posted indicate that they're an above average road tire :smile: a google search also turned up many positive reviews , however non LR3.......time will tell, but I will be seriously considering them HTH

Cheers
John

roverdawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's a bloke over on the UK RRS site that says he's had 19" MTRs on order since March with the supplier telling him that Goodyear UK has halted them in order to have them re-certified for a speed rating. Seems that there is a problem with the MTRs related to the LR3/RRS's weight. Wonder if that will delay the rollout here in the US?

thinkingdog

Reaction score
Just got this email from Pirelli CS:

There are currently no plans in this production.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, July 24, 2006 1:06 PM
To: PTNA - Consumer Affairs, US
Subject: Request information

Topic of interest: Car_SUV_VAN
Country of interest: United States
Subject: Request information
state:
city:
Message: Will Scorpion ATRs be available in 255/55/19s anytime soon?

This is for Land Rover LR3.

Thanks

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4