New LR3 Owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LR3Novice

Reaction score
Recently picked up a new LR3 from the Tyson's corner dealer in Virginia. Our first Land Rover. Looked over this site and others quite a few times, and am hoping I don't have too many problems. Bonatti Grey V8 SE7 with Alpaca Beige leather and the following options:

Center Console Cooler Box
Satellite Radio
Cold Climate Package
Lighting Package & Rear PDC
Personal Telephone Integration System with Bluetooth
Rear Seat & Climate Package
and Delear installed Wood Grain interior kit

for 45K + tax and title. The MSRP on the SUV is $52.495.

Does this seem like a good deal? Please let me know your thoughts.

So far I haven't experienced any problems with the SUV although I have driven only about a 1000 miles (all in city driving) at an avg of 14.1 MPG. The one little glitch I have noticed is that even after choosing the setting to "Auto Tilt Passenger mirror in reverse" the passenger mirror does not tilt on reverse. Has anybody else also experienced this. If so how was it fixed if at all?

I Absolutely love the looks and features of this SUV. It's hard not to notice people giving it envious looks. The ride is the most comfortable I have ever experienced.

thinkingdog

Reaction score
Congrats and welcome

Regarding the reverse mirror, try this:

Put the car in reverse, then (while holding the brake!) use the mirror control to put the mirrors where you want. Then press the seat memory buttons to store it in memory. Then take it out of reverse.

I did this because mine was tilting all the way down and I just wanted a slight tilt down to avoid tire rash.

LR3Novice

Reaction score
Thanks for the post, however I have a V8 SE and not an HSE so no seat memory function.
Any other suggestions, anyone?

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thinkingdog said:

Regarding the reverse mirror, try this:

Put the car in reverse, then (while holding the brake!) use the mirror control to put the mirrors where you want. Then press the seat memory buttons to store it in memory. Then take it out of reverse.

I did this because mine was tilting all the way down and I just wanted a slight tilt down to avoid tire rash.

That's pretty cool!!!!!!!!!! I did not know you could set the reverse position independent of the non-reverse position. I'll try that as mine go a little too low for most cases.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like a sweet truck and a fair price ('cept for that wood though, but that's just me). To be honest, you should never ask this question AFTER you buy a car. The last thing you want to hear is that you got a terrible deal :) As long as you feel you got a good deal, then a good deal is what you got. It's all based on perception.

You will enjoy this truck, and connect with it emotionally more than most car drivers out there could ever imagine.

Be sure to get it dirty!

Cpa4S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LR3Novice said:
Thanks for the post, however I have a V8 SE and not an HSE so no seat memory function.
Any other suggestions, anyone?

it amazed me that i had to go to the HSE just to get memory functions. at the end of the day, i would have taken all these options, just seemed a little rigid imo.

they should do what Porsche does and allow anything, just put a $ after the option!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635