02 Freelander Timing Belt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

umoms

Reaction score
I took apart a head on this freelander and started to put everything back when i tried to put the timing belt back and give it one complete turn it would get stuck then i looked at the instructions and realized i would need Landrover camshaft tool LRT-12-175 one for the left and one for the right (camshaft). $225 each. Do you guys know if its possible to do the timing belt without this tool. Because it's getting stuck as i turn it.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
As far as I know you need that tool. I know Nathan (in my signature) has been trying to source a less expensive option and has yet to find one.

umoms

Reaction score
Ok so i replaced both heads with reman's. Still got some ticking noise...I thought it was the lifters...Replaced those... Still ticking.... Now i hear the ticking from inside the upper intake manifold. I took it apart and i see a long stem with gears? And it has this number written on it

But i was told by land rover the upper intake manifold is not serviceable and you have to buy the entire thing. $1200 for the damn thing.

Is it possible to find the part somewhere or anyone know the name of this part.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
As far as I know it is not serviceable at this time.. Give Nathan a call, I am sure he can source you one as needed.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635