2000 4.6 HSE Tire Selection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

dbs600

There are 50k miles on my 2000 4.6 HSE and the tires need to be replaced. I am having a difficult time choosing between the Michelin Diamaris', Sychrones, XPCs and Dunlop Grandtrek PT9000s. Also would anyone recommend Continental brand tires? I have gotten great wear out of my XPCs but it seems that some time between 2000 and 2002 Land Rover replaced the original equipment of the 4.6 HSE, moving from from XPCs to Sychrones. Which is a better tire? As far as the Diamaris and the Grandtreks are concerned - for those of your who have them - how do they fair in winter weather (I live in NY - all four seasons). THANKS!

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Tires are an extreme preference thing... most people like a certian tire over another... personally I didn't like the XPC's and I don't like the Sychrones.

I switched my Disco over to Bridgestone AT Revo's and it was a world of difference. Worked great in the snow (West Virginia), Mud, rain and basic Highway driving. I would highly recommend these, wish I could help with your other options and I know this isn't what you were looking for.

L

LRMEX

Avoid Continentals they have very short life. I switched on My Range for Goodyears 255/55 R18 HP's. This model was OEM on most Discoverys from 1999 to 2003. They run great, good life and good over all climate. Abit expensive but they will last.

P

phantazem

Nitto NT-404 Extreme Force - great tires for my 2000 4.6 HSE. Smoother ride and far better than handling Goodyear or Michellin at a fraction of the cost, not to mention that they look great. Best price I found was from discounttiredirect.com.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635