2000 Disco Rear Door Jammed???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A

ANIMAL

I have a 2000 disco and I'm having problems with my rear door being jammed... Anyone idea on how to get this door open...how would I get in the door to open it???

Thanks

Animal

C

campbell

Does the outside handle move at all?
YOu can pop off the Land Rover logo piece on the handle area and you may be able to see something unhooked or jammed. I have heard that spraying WD40 or something in there will work. Not sure in your case. Mike???

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know that's what works for my 96 D1 -- I assume DII's are the same.

D

discomike

Dee,
When you say it is jammed, can you be a little more descriptive. Is the kiddy lock on? This could be the" can of worm " posting of the week.
I would suggest that the only way to resolve your problem would be to pull the inner door panel off, see if you can see what is jammed and either straighten it up, clean it or lube it.
By the way you will have to move the front seat forward to get the rear inner door panel off, take it off easily and don't break any of the clips if you can help it.
Good luck,
Mike J.

A

ANIMAL

campbell said:
Does the outside handle move at all?
YOu can pop off the Land Rover logo piece on the handle area and you may be able to see something unhooked or jammed. I have heard that spraying WD40 or something in there will work. Not sure in your case. Mike???

The handle is very stiff but is move a little. When it does move I don't hear the door clicking like it wants to open. I'm going to try and remove the logo you suggested and see if I can see something to grab. I let you know in a minute.
Thanks
Animal

A

ANIMAL

Disco Mike said:
Dee,
When you say it is jammed, can you be a little more descriptive. Is the kiddy lock on? This could be the" can of worm " posting of the week.
I would suggest that the only way to resolve your problem would be to pull the inner door panel off, see if you can see what is jammed and either straighten it up, clean it or lube it.
By the way you will have to move the front seat forward to get the rear inner door panel off, take it off easily and don't break any of the clips if you can help it.
Good luck,
Mike J.

OK I taking about my fifth door in the Back where the spear is mounted on..that's the door that is jammed shut. I don't believe that has a kiddy lock on..I even try to go inside and pull the inside handle but door won't move, no clicking sound is heard. I guess I have to pull the door of some how.

A

ANIMAL

ITTTTTT OPENNNNNNN!!! I did what you said took the logo off and mannn there was a LOT of rust there that was causing the handle not to reset it self...I was able to rush it all the way down and that I was able to open it up.. I really have to grease it up later. But anyway thanks to ALL for the HELP.

D

discomike

Good you got it open, I thought you were talking about a side rear door.
Those tail gate latchs will rust up and fail, clean it good and lube it up.
Mike J.

A

ANIMAL

Disco Mike said:
Good you got it open, I thought you were talking about a side rear door.
Those tail gate latchs will rust up and fail, clean it good and lube it up.
Mike J.

THANKS I WILL

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9